cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

WT 10.2 M030 - Creo View Adapter 3.1 F000 Fails to Publish Drawings when Generating Thumbnails

Alex_P
6-Contributor

WT 10.2 M030 - Creo View Adapter 3.1 F000 Fails to Publish Drawings when Generating Thumbnails

Hi all! Does anyone have the idea why a cad MCAD publisher (server controlled -proeworker.bat) fails to publish some drawings when generating thumbnails or some of the sheets? In 90% of failed jobs, it's the thumbnail that fails.

I've literally tried every possible solution there is in PTC Support site:

- Installed Adobe Reader on each publishing server (which are separated from Windchill servers)

- Fixed Adobe Reader Protected View

- Checked which version of Adobe Reader is supported for Creo View Adapters 3.1 F000

- Set the worker daemon to run in interactive mode (it was running previously as a Windows service)

- Setup larger timeouts (e.g. 7200 seconds in WVS.properties and in recipe files on publisher machines)

- Reinstalled Creo View Acrobat plugin

- Setting the "thumbnail.generator.extents" property to false

- Setup a pvsthumb worker (also in server controlled publishing mode) on the publisher machines, even though I read that Creo View Adapter is not using pvsthumb worker for publishing thumbnails on Creo drawings

- Did a configuration for both "By Worker" and "By WVS Loader" publishing configuration by setting "thumbnail.useragent" and "thumbnail.byworker.enabled" properties accordingly

- Eventually, I went through a WVS guide and PTC support articles to setup verbose level of logging on both Windchill and publishing servers, but I didn't find much useful information that would indicate a cause of the issue, except one thing.

The WVS Job Monitor log hangs on the |Generating Thumbnail" step, before it times out and cause the job to fail (screenshot below):

Job monitor logJob monitor log

While the worker_<n>.log file shows that the thumbnail generation did complete and that the worker continued working, i.e. deleting the model and creating base window (??).

Worker<n>.logWorker<n>.log

I think this is where the problem lies, since Creo generates a traceback log file which contains information about a non-continuable exception that occurs at the same time.

This doesn't happen for all drawings, around 90% of them get published, sometimes same drawings both fail and get published succesfully.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.
Helper: timed out waiting for progress message from worker.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Alex_P
6-Contributor
(To:shussaini)

Hi Syed,

Yes, i did try but it didn't help.

I fixed the issue. This bug was specific to Creo 3.0 M060 - here's related article:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS248591

I upgraded to Creo 3.0 M140 and fixed the problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
shussaini
15-Moonstone
(To:Alex_P)

Have you also tried with settings mentioned in the article CS48520.

regards

~Syed

Alex_P
6-Contributor
(To:shussaini)

Hi Syed,

Yes, i did try but it didn't help.

I fixed the issue. This bug was specific to Creo 3.0 M060 - here's related article:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS248591

I upgraded to Creo 3.0 M140 and fixed the problem.

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:Alex_P)

link leads to this for me: Error - Article CS248591 does not exist

Top Tags