cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

WT10.2 / Creo 2 - How to assign a calculated number/cadname to drawings and have Creo detecting the changes

pnierkamp
1-Newbie

WT10.2 / Creo 2 - How to assign a calculated number/cadname to drawings and have Creo detecting the changes

Hello !

At one of our current customeres the follwing requirement / idea came up, which we try to sovle it at the moment.

PDMLink 10.2 is configured to autonumbering

User creates a model in Creo 2 - let's say it got the number 30150907001.prt and the name 'Tube 4x8'.

The user then creates a drawing. The drawing is linked to the model and it gets automatically the number 30150907002.drw.

The user now uses the Creo function 'save & upload'.

PDMLink has an event-trigger confgured to fire upon post_insert of an EPMReferenceLink.

The code calculates the new name and number for the drawing:

DRW => 30150907001-01.dwg / 'Tube 4x8'

Using then the IdentityHelper the number & name and also the CADName gets changed.

Creo 2 reports a successfull save & upload.

Looking at the workspace in Creo shows the updated / "fixed" drawing in the list of objects.
But in the Creo session is still a drawing with the number '30150907002.drw' open and active.

The question now is:
Is there any chance to make Creo aware of this 'update'? Ideally Creo would now ask the user to replace the object in session...

Is it somehow possible within PDMLink to make Creo aware of a change to an object in a workspace?

Is there a flag maybe?

I've tried different approaches with EPMWorkspaceHelper, EPMPDMStatus and so on... but so far no luck... 😞

Regards

Philipp

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Philipp,

How are you doing?

Please check CS155353.

Regards,

Shashi

Hi Shashi!

Thanks for the fast answer!

Buuuuut - this doesn't solves my current issue.

I want PDMLink to send and info along with the workspace (aka flag the workspace as 'needs to be synchronized') that makes Creo automatically update the objects in the Creo session.

I'm hoping for a way to mark objects by API calls within a event trigger as modified / needs-to-be-synchronized, so that Creo automatically (without having the user to do a refesh) ask for an update of the objects in session...

Regards

Philipp

Top Tags