cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

WTDocuments Upload

vmhala
6-Contributor

WTDocuments Upload

Hi Windchillers,

I need your advice on the time line for bulk loading WTDocuemts. Approximately how much time would you need for uploading WTdocuments around 100K in number. They have approximately 12 attributes to be loaded.

For massive upload do you advice using any custom tool or the OOTB data load functionality (CSV to XML and then loading the file). Would appreciate your input on how you handle this in your org. to speed up this process.

Vaibhav.

1 REPLY 1
bsindelar
6-Contributor
(To:vmhala)

The OOTB utility (LoadFromFile) should work just fine.  I've used it even on loads of 100,000s of objects.  It can handle IBAs as well, though the format is pretty tricky.

To answer your question on time, it depends on if you are loading primary content and attachments, as the size of these items will be the determining factor on time.  If there is no content for these WTDocuments, it can load in a relatively small amount of time - easily over a weekend (without content) once everything has been set up and rehearsed.

My company is highly experienced in this type of work, so if you are looking for any formal assistance with this activity please let me know.

Top Tags