cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

WTPUB:// (what are all the options)

canderson
6-Contributor

WTPUB:// (what are all the options)

I can't seem to find anywhere a list of all the config options for WTPUB://

Is there an option for Notes?

Is there an option for Symbols?

is there and option for Tables (.tbl) ?

is there......

is the....

is th.....

is ......

Where is the list of available options?

9 REPLIES 9
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:canderson)

It's purely a function of your Windchill structure. Pretty much any config option looking for a folder or specific file can be pointed to Windchill.

"wtpub://<server name>" just means "look in commonspace starting at the root" Whatever comes after this is entirely base on the products, libraries and folders you've created.

For example, if you keep your symbols in a folder called "Symbols" inside a Library called "Standards" on a server called "Windchill", the config.pro option "pro_symbol_dir" would be set to: "wtpub://Windchill/Libraries/Standards/Symbols".

Relevant config.pro options:

• drawing_setup_file
  • format_setup_file
  • hole_parameter_file_path
  • intf_profile_dir
  • pro_colormap_path
  • pro_dtl_setup_dir
  • pro_format_dir
  • pro_group_dir
  • pro_library_dir
  • pro_note_dir
  • pro_palette_dir
  • pro_symbol_dir
  • pro_table_dir
  • start_model_dir
  • template_designasm
  • template_drawing
  • template_sheetmetalpart
  • template_solidpart

I'm sure there are more, but you get the idea.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

There are no 'options' defined. The use of WTPUB:// is strictly up to you and your company and what information you want stored in Windchill versus on a shared disk location.

The only WTPUB:\\ I use is for pro_format_dir. Formats need to be in Windchill so they don't come in as new when creating a drawing.

Most of my config.pro settings for directories (pro_*_dir) point to an environment variable we have set named ptc_cfg_path which points to a shared folder, x:\ptc_settings. My config.pro entry for the symbol library is:

ptc_symbol_dir $ptc_cfg_path\symbols

If I moved the symbols into Windchill, the config.pro entry would be:

ptc_symbol_dir WTPUB:\\PDM\Libraries\CFG Lib\Main\PTC Settings\Symbol

The 'PDM' is the name you use to register the Windchill server to Creo. It MUST be the same for all users.

The 'Libraries\CFG Lib\Main\PTC Settings\Symbol' is whatever you have defined for your Windchill Library structure.

Hope this helps explain how to use the WTPUB in a config.pro file.

boemi
12-Amethyst
(To:BenLoosli)

Ben,

I am interested how you bring in everywhere the same name for the Server.

We moved to Creo 3 with the same WC server, auto registrating the server as primary doesn't gave a name, it took directly the URL of the server. This blocks us from using WTPUB folders in WC.

How did you roll this out or keep it alligned?

Regards,
Marc

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:boemi)

Brute force!!!

I created a document that was sent to every user and it explained how and what settings they had to use to register Windchill to their user id in Creo. One of the items, underlined and in bold red text, was the server SHALL be named PDM.

Naming the server across all users is the only way to enable the use of wtpub::\\ for library and other files. The actual name does not matter, just that it MUST be the same for all users.

I have also created a mapkey to register the server, but found the explaination in my document as to what and why worked better.

I have a small group of users so it isn't hard to control. In my last job I had over 250 users and it took a week or 2 to get them all on the same page. Had 1 user 2 months after installing a new server, he had never switched to it and was still accessing the old server. Some people just don't read emails and memos!

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

"Some people just don't read emails and memos!"

AMEN!!!

boemi
12-Amethyst

I see, there is no recipe to solve this in a good way 🙂

The mapkey I already created (renaming), hope this solves the basic things....

We we're really surpized about the small documentation regarding these points but it is like it is.

Thank you for the support!

Carl,

Did Tom and Ben answer all of your qeustions about the WTPUB:// protocol? Let us know if you have any additional questions.

kc-2
5-Regular Member
(To:ChrisSpartz)

HI chris,

Just i want to know if want to access a common space from creo using web.link . for that how can i get the path of common space folder  .  because i need to check whether a design file is available in common space as well as workspace . i written the code for WS but for CS i dont know how to access. can u help to solve this....

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Config options that cannot use the wtpub:

pro_crosshatch_dir

pro_note_dir

Config options that can use wtpub:

pro_material_dir

pro_symbol_dir

pro_table_dir

pro_format_dir

start_model_dir