cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

WTpart Purchased Vs InHouse manufacting, How to identify in existing WT part and What needs to be set for Purchased Part

sganesan
1-Newbie

WTpart Purchased Vs InHouse manufacting, How to identify in existing WT part and What needs to be set for Purchased Part

Hi,

In Windchill, How to identify a part is Purchased or In house manufactured?. What are parameters need to set to make a part as purchased part?.

Thanks,

Shan

3 REPLIES 3
RandyJones
19-Tanzanite
(To:sganesan)

Shanmugasundaram Ganesan wrote:

Hi,

In Windchill, How to identify a part is Purchased or In house manufactured?. What are parameters need to set to make a part as purchased part?.

What about the Source parameter? OOTB it has "Make", Buy", or "Buy - Single Source":

source.png

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:sganesan)

What does your business do differently if you indicate Purchased vs. Make?  All the time we run into starting one way, then having some of the other (e.g. make a certain assembly in-house, then start buying it assembled but not all, then eventually purchase all assembled).  Hopefully can set up Part attributes / other info in such a way that it's flexible.  Have to focus on what the business needs from the Windchill info.

I learned later that my organisation put a rule that if the Part Type is Commercial Part then it is a purchased part. Thanks Randy & Mike for your valuable insights. Thanks, Shanmugam

Top Tags