cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

WVS Job Monitor Open Automatically Upon Check-in

JayCrook
5-Regular Member

WVS Job Monitor Open Automatically Upon Check-in

Hi,

Is there a setting in the config.pro or elsewhere where the WVS Job Monitor will pop-open automatically when models and/or drawings are checked-in?

We have many engineers, as other large companies, and I find that jobs fail frequently during the check-in process.

As of 9:50 a.m. EST, I am at 6 failures of models or drawings to check-in, of a small assembly.

I want to see the progress before I think the check-in process was successfu

This is my first job where I have to interact with Windchill all the time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:JayCrook)

I might be missing something, but the WVS Job Monitor is completely separate from check in.

The system default is to immediately publish (WVS) on check in, but it can be configured differently.

On successful checkin, WVS publishing may or may not start immediately, depending on other jobs in queue also - or not at all if CAD worker(s) are not online.

May be best to get in the habit of accessing Windchill thru a stand-alone browser, and observing the Home, Updates table.  This confirms check in quickly and easily, unrelated to publishing.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I

There are various reasons for check in failing. They are presented but in small text at the bottom of the screen, and not all that obvious.

Need to train users to always pay close attention to the messages, and also all the icons in the workspace and in Creo at the bottom.

Publishing can still fail even if check in is successful (rare but possible).

Focus first on successful checkin messages.  Example:

mlockwood_0-1645551323225.png

JayCrook
5-Regular Member
(To:MikeLockwood)

Good point. I don't look at the bottom of the screen enough.

Thanks,

Jay.

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I

Can't put it at the top any longer that I know of (use to be able to); might want to set Set config.pro option visible_message_lines to more lines.

JayCrook
5-Regular Member

mlockwood,

One thing I've noticed is that the bottom of the screen will say "check-in succeeded" but when you review the WVS Job Monitor, it is still executing the check-in and staging any additional files for check-in.

Several engineers have mentioned that if they immediately start closing files prior to reviewing the WVS, they have issues with the models/drawings.

I've experienced problems but this has diminished since starting to review the WVS to make sure the files have actually finished the check-in process.

Jay.

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I

I might be missing something, but the WVS Job Monitor is completely separate from check in.

The system default is to immediately publish (WVS) on check in, but it can be configured differently.

On successful checkin, WVS publishing may or may not start immediately, depending on other jobs in queue also - or not at all if CAD worker(s) are not online.

May be best to get in the habit of accessing Windchill thru a stand-alone browser, and observing the Home, Updates table.  This confirms check in quickly and easily, unrelated to publishing.

Here's a related product idea to vote for: Windchill Check In Failure in Creo - Automatic Popup to Make Failures More Obvious 

Currently, users have to learn the unintuitive process shown in the product idea.

Top Tags