cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Watermarking on specific pages or bookmarks with AEM/DDX

YoonKim
5-Regular Member

Watermarking on specific pages or bookmarks with AEM/DDX

I have custom code to watermark the signatories of drawing reviewers on the drawing title block, which is similar to a stamping tool.

For the multi-sheet drawings, my drawing title block is configured to have the signatories on the first sheet only (bookmark of sheet1) and the successive sheets (bookmarks of sheet2, sheet3, etc) do not have the signatories cells for the title black.  Since the watermarking is burned on all the sheets, the signatories appear on the all sheets. How do I configure the  DDX file or AEM Assembler Service to only watermark the signatories on the first sheet only?

1 REPLY 1
atokarz
5-Regular Member
(To:YoonKim)

Hi,

Watermark in DDX can be a child of PDF tag. So in theory you can define different watermarks for different parts of our output document. I have never tried it so far. But I do have following configuration of DDX working:

<PDF result="target_document" return="false">
<PageMargins left="72pt" top="60pt" right="72pt" bottom="72pt" />
<PDF source="inDoc"/>
</PDF>
<PDF result="outDoc">
<Watermark><StyledText><p></p></StyledText></Watermark>
<PDF source="coversheet">
<PageSize width="595pt" height="842pt" />
</PDF>
<PDF source="target_document"/>
<PDF source="backpage">
<PageSize width="595pt" height="842pt" />
</PDF>
</PDF>

So as you see I'm applying watermark or "outDoc" that is build from three separate PDF tags. But I think it will work if I will move the watermark definition to one of child PDF tags in "outDoc". Please note I'm filling the details of watermark from the code in CustomLifecycleDelegate so that's why in my DDX snippet it looks empty.

A.

Top Tags