cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

We are trying to extract Windchill As-stored BOM Information from Windchill DB

DK_10304222
3-Visitor

We are trying to extract Windchill As-stored BOM Information from Windchill DB

Version: Windchill 11.1

Use Case: We are trying to Extract Windchill As-stored BOM Information from Windchill DB and Staging DB, We are not finding the BOM Child As-stored Revision in the both database.

Description:

We are trying to Extract Windchill As-stored BOM Information from Windchill DB and Staging DB, We are not finding the BOM Child As-stored Revision in the both database.
From the Windchill Database we are not able to find Child Relation between EPMASSTOREDMEMBER and EPMMEMBERLINK.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

So you did something wrong.

Check your condition.

PetrH

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Hari_Vara
13-Aquamarine
(To:DK_10304222)

Hi,

As far as I know, only EPMDocument structure is by default always have a "As Stored" configuration. For BOM, there must a Baseline defined, or a Promotion Request snap shot or "As Matured" configuration (In case of Release by ECN), only if any of the 3 are there in the system , you can extract the BOM configuration as per your intent.

We can wait for other experts reply on this.

There may be some workaround through the CAD-Part link somehow.

Cheers

Hari

HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I
(To:Hari_Vara)

Hi @Hari_Vara 

@DK_10304222 talking about the CAD BOM Structure not about the WTPart structure. 

So the CAD Structure have the as stored definition. 

@DK_10304222 

It is really not good practice to collect information directly from DB. 

If the information is not in the database then the as stored configuration does not exists.

PetrH

Thank you!!

I need a relation between EPMASSTOREDMEMBER and EPMMEMBERLINK in database.

Thanks

Deepa

Hi @DK_10304222 

It is litle but complicated 😄 there is a table where is a configuration and it is linked by child CADName

here is the sql that returns the child IDA2A2 and parent IDA2A2 

With this select you find the specific as stored child. 

select asstored.idA3B5 as CHILDEPMIDA2A,link.idA3A5 as PARRENTIDA2a2,epmMaster.documentNumber as CHILDNUMBER,* from wcuser.EPMMemberLink link 
inner join wcuser.EPMDocumentMaster epmMaster on epmMaster.idA2A2=link.idA3B5
inner join wcuser.EPMAsStoredMember asstored on link.asStoredChildName=epmMaster.CADName
inner join wcuser.EPMAsStoredConfig config on asstored.idA3A5=config.idA2A2

Select with revision/iteration info from child EPMDocument

select asstored.idA3B5 as CHILDEPMIDA2A,epmDoc.versionIdA2versionInfo as REVISION,epmDoc.iterationIdA2iterationInfo as ITERATION,link.idA3A5 as PARRENTIDA2a2,epmMaster.documentNumber as CHILDNUMBER,* from wcuser.EPMMemberLink link 
inner join wcuser.EPMDocumentMaster epmMaster on epmMaster.idA2A2=link.idA3B5
inner join wcuser.EPMAsStoredMember asstored on link.asStoredChildName=epmMaster.CADName
inner join wcuser.EPMAsStoredConfig config on asstored.idA3A5=config.idA2A2
inner join wcuser.EPMDocument epmDoc on epmDoc.idA2A2=asstored.idA3B5

Hope this help you to solve your issue.

PetrH

Thanks for the query!!

I don't see any relation between EPMMemberLink and EPMAsStoredMember in the above query.

I tried above query for one object, it's not giving any result.

Hi @DK_10304222 

What is the inner join wcuser.EPMAsStoredMember asstored on link.asStoredChildName=epmMaster.CADName ?

If you don't see any results, then you do not have as stored configuration. 

btw, only assembly can have as stored config.

PetrH

Hi,

I checked for assembly only which has AsStored configuration but it's not giving any result.

Thanks

Deepa

So you did something wrong.

Check your condition.

PetrH

Below is the query which I tried

select asstored.idA3B5 as CHILDEPMIDA2A,epmDoc.versionIdA2versionInfo as REVISION,
epmDoc.iterationIdA2iterationInfo as ITERATION,link.idA3A5 as PARRENTIDA2a2,
epmMaster.documentNumber as CHILDNUMBER from EPMMemberLink link 
inner join EPMDocumentMaster epmMaster on epmMaster.idA2A2=link.idA3B5
inner join EPMAsStoredMember asstored on link.asStoredChildName=epmMaster.CADName
inner join EPMAsStoredConfig config on asstored.idA3A5=config.idA2A2
inner join EPMDocument epmDoc on epmDoc.idA2A2=asstored.idA3B5
and epmMaster.documentNumber = 'FA0225.ASM'  
and epmDoc.versionIdA2versionInfo = '00'
and epmDoc.iterationIda2iterationInfo = '1'

Hi @DK_10304222 

The point is that the epmMaster is a child part not the assembly so your condition is wrong.

If you want to search by parent part, you have to join link.idA3A5  with EPMDocument ida2a2 and then  reference to EPMDocumentMaster

PetrH 

Hello @DK_10304222

It looks like you have some responses from some community members. If any of these replies helped you solve your question please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution. 

Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please let the Community know so other community members can continue to help you.

Thanks,
Vivek N.
Community Moderation Team.

Announcements

Top Tags