cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Web service client - certificate loading

SelvamP1
1-Newbie

Web service client - certificate loading

I have written a  Java-Based web service and the service is working properly. Also I  compiled the client java code and have no issues with it.

But the problem is I need to specify the ".jks" files in the xml files under META-INF folder in client jar. Is there anyway to specify the jks files or import certificates to the client system (JAVA based applications).

the example given in the I*E guide is to import the certificate for the C# clients.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Not really, the document doesn't speify where to copy the ".jks" files. But we managed to copy it to the client's java security folder and provide the path in the  xml under META_INF folder.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
syadala
5-Regular Member
(To:SelvamP1)

Hi Selvam,

Can you be specific please. Please let me know is the web service is of JAX_WS or JSON. Is the web service is hosted in Windchill or Windchill consuming the service etc, .may be I can help. we have hosted web services and consumed services in past remember we had some Issues.

Hi Sudhakar,

The service is based on JAX_WS. The webservice is hosted on the Windchill server.

The keystores, truststores and certificates are created using ant script from Windchill server.The problem is that the other system( a JAVA based application) consuming Windchill Web service is not able to connect properly.

The I*E guide doesn't properly explain how to or where to load the certificate or .jks files.

But somehow we have found that the .jks files should be copied to client machine and the directory should be mentioned in the ws-client xml in META-INF folder of client jar.

I am sure that we don't need to copy and hard code such values, the keytool option should be enough to this work.

Do you understand, if you wanna ask something more, please let me know..

syadala
5-Regular Member
(To:SelvamP1)

Hi Selvam,

may be you can tweak in Windchill\bin\adminTools\WebServices\client\security.properties. This has to be done before you create the Project using ant command.

Regards

Sudhakar

thanks for this point, I will check it out and let you know.

Selvam,

Have you had a chance to try Sudhakar's suggestion? Did it resolve your issue?

Not really, the document doesn't speify where to copy the ".jks" files. But we managed to copy it to the client's java security folder and provide the path in the  xml under META_INF folder.

Top Tags