cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

What actions is required for a CAD Document (EPMDocument) to follow updated OIR

lgrant
14-Alexandrite

What actions is required for a CAD Document (EPMDocument) to follow updated OIR

Greetings,

I have an updated OIR that uses a different revision scheme. What actions is required for a CAD Document (EPMDocument) to follow updated OIR?

5 REPLIES 5
kpritchard
4-Participant
(To:lgrant)

From the post it's not clear if you have enabled the OIR in the Object Initialization Rules Administration Utility. If you have, there's nothing obvious - if you have not that's what is needed.

I recall there being some issue with CAD and Revision Schemes... if you're doing any conversion, then old value(s) need to be present in the new Scheme. Help Center has more info on this as I recall

lgrant
14-Alexandrite
(To:kpritchard)

The updated OIR is active at the Site level.

Changed to State Based revision on the OIR. I can mass update the LifeCycle but not the OIR. My workflow needs the CAD objects to use State based so objects switch to Alpha from Numeric when the workflow moves them to In Work state.

We have thousands of CAD objects and just by looking at the attribute I can not tell if they are using the new OIR?

kpritchard
4-Participant

New CAD objects should follow your new OIR.

As far as I know, OIR's are only used when the object is created so the question now becomes how to get all of your existing CAD objects to use your new Revision Scheme. I think you'll need a Tech Support call to get help with the mass update to apply the new Revision Scheme to existing objects.

lgrant
14-Alexandrite
(To:kpritchard)

I think so, just need PTC tech to follow up with that request

LoriSood
22-Sapphire III

Keir is right--OIRs only apply to new objects. They do not automatically update existing objects in the database.

There are a couple of options to reassign to use the new lifecycle -- in the UI use the Actions > Reassign Lifecycles menu action or use the command line utiility to reassign lifecycles. Refer to https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS20011 for more information.

Announcements

Top Tags