cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

What is Common Base or CommonPDM

ptc-2819693
1-Newbie

What is Common Base or CommonPDM

We are getting close to beginning our installation of Windchill 10.2 M020. We are currently at Windchill 10.1 M040. I noticed that Common Base was in the PDMLink downloads. The only information I have been able to find on it was through the version.xml

Does anyone have any information as to what Common Base or CommonPDM is and/or what its function is?

Thanks,

Christopher Beale

2 REPLIES 2

When you install WC10.2 M020, Common Base installs right after the Services. It was mandatory I download it, it was requested by PSI (PTC Solution Installer) in the Staging Area, for the WC 10.2 M020 installation.

I had the same question as you, I was not able to find any detail information for Common Base for WC 10.2 M020 on the PTC web site.

The Common Base contains certain components that are common to multiple Windchill solutions (Windchill PDMLink, Windchill CAPA, Windchill Integrations for Embedded Software, etc). In 10.1, the common base was included in the Windchill PDMLink install media. It was also available as a separate download, but was only required when installing a solution that depends on the CommonPDM without also installing PDMLink. In 10.2, the common base has been removed from the PDMLink install media and is now a separate download for all solutions that depend on CommonPDM (including PDMLink).

Top Tags