cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

What is update the object in workspace ?

hsuryaprakash
1-Newbie

What is update the object in workspace ?

HI

We have a standard parts which is already uploaded into windchill to the library folder .

Then I tried to upload Assembly (around 50 parts ) out of that it has one libarary part

when I checkin from workspace it isshowing "the object is already in commonspace , inorder to upload the objace in wokspace to update"

I select libary part (in workspace) ,and give update after that icon is created beside the object .

What does it meant ?

Do i need to checkin the libary part again to commonspace ?Or I can exclude the libary part ?

Note:

There is no modifcation done in that particular library part in commonspace

2 REPLIES 2

Standard part is in the modified state ( you see a modified symbol + in front of the standard part) so it is creating this problem. Select this part and add to workspace and then you try to check-in

-Praveen

LoriSood
22-Sapphire III
(To:hsuryaprakash)

That symbol means that it's not eligible for upload. That will appear if an object is modified, but not checked out. The add to workspace that Praveen mentions should take care of it as long as you select to download and not reuse local content, or you can exclude it from checkin.

9-19-2014+10-14-24+AM.jpg

Announcements

Top Tags