cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

When, or how often, to run WinDU?

pnelson
3-Visitor

When, or how often, to run WinDU?

How often, or when, do you run WinDU?

I'm updating from WC 10.2 M020 to M030 and ran WinDU to see what results I'd get.  There were several Failed Task Reports so I entered a ticket with tech support for one I didn't know how to solve.  The technician on the call back told me not to worry about it if I wasn't doing an upgrade, but now that I know there's something not right it doesn't feel right to just ignore it.  I'm not looking for extra work, but does that seem like a normal response?  Could I have asked him to help solve the issue rather than close it, if it is not going to affect the update success?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:pnelson)

I run WinDU every few months to be sure things are running as they should.

While the failed task may not be important in a 10.2 m020 to m030 update, it may need to be fixed before you go to 11. I would work with PTC tech support when you have time and get a solution.

I know there are some tasks that fail, but the tables that fail are now obsolete and do not need repaired. To me, those tasks should be removed from WinDU if they don't matter.

Thanks Ben, that was my feeling and it seemed odd to get a "it doesn't matter" response from tech support.  I was also thinking it best to fix now and not have as many issues to fix when the time did come to go to 11.

Top Tags