cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Where did the Open in Creo View go from the version history table of a cad file?

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Where did the Open in Creo View go from the version history table of a cad file?

We just upgraded from PDMLink 10.1 M040 to 10.1 M050 this past weekend.

I have one user that said in M040 you could right-click on a link in the Version History table of a CAD file and the menu would display an option to Open in Creo View. Now in M050 it's not there.

Can anyone confirm that was there in M040? If so why would PTC remove that? And why remove it BETWEEN BUILDS?

Steve G

4 REPLIES 4
STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:STEVEG)

Jeff Z responded saying they were never suppposed to be there so they were cleaned up. Too bad. However, I showed that user how to do the same thing from a search results table.

Thank you Jeff for your prompt response. I submitted a post to the community yesterday and nobody responded. So I came here.

Exploder +1

Steve G

Hi Stephen,

We have Intralink10-M040 without Creo View and I see "open" menu in version history table. See attachment.

Best Regards

Thanks for the picture Leonid. Alas, enjoy it while you have it! It was a good feature. It was very logical to be able to access these especially when comparing between models/dwgs of different versions.

In Reply to LEONID GUREVICH:

Hi Stephen,

We have Intralink10-M040 without Creo View and I see "open" menu in version history table. See attachment.

Best Regards

"When you reward an activity, you get more of it!"

Test or not that location was very logical and very useful. I hope they are brought back in a later version after they have been tested! They are very handy. It also makes for a more consistant interface for performing various actions on objects.

For example, when you are looking at the history of an object, why would you not want to just open the objects in Creo view and view various differences? It is unfortunate that it doesn't have the copy button there so that many can be selected at once to view. These would make good improvements...it is kind of sad that improvements means bringing back a feature from a previous version that was only there due to a PTC mistake that once found it was removed! but I will take improvements however we can get them.

"When you reward an activity, you get more of it!"
Top Tags