cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Where do I find the settings for assigning the workflow template to the wt.change2.changeactivity2 in a Change Notice workflow?

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Where do I find the settings for assigning the workflow template to the wt.change2.changeactivity2 in a Change Notice workflow?

I am trying to get change management working to flow through Change Request to Change Notice to Change Task and have it all connected.

When I go to create a Change Notice, I get: No lifecycle template could be found for the wt.change2.changeactivity2.

Where is this set at?

Or is there something else that is preventing this from going through?

We are not using the OOTB workflow or lifecycle names, but ours are copied from them at v8.

We are now on 10.0 m040, having done a v9 and v9.1 upgrades previously.

3 REPLIES 3
kpritchard
4-Participant
(To:BenLoosli)

Here's what I would look for

1. Check the Object Initialization Rules utility and make sure that there is an OIR for Change Task (at 10.0 you probably want to use wt.change2.WTChangeActivity2)
  2. Check the Lifecycle Administration utility and make sure that there is a Lifecycle for WTChangeActivity2 and that it is enabled.
  3. Check permissions in the Policy Administration utility

The OIR is where the Lifecycle Template is determined.  (also Team Template to use, Versioning Scheme, Numbering etc.)

It sounds like the updates did not update your copied Lifecycle and Workflow.  It may be easier to take the OOTB and replicate your Workflow and Lifecycles.  I never worked with WC 8, but I do know that it has been WTChangeActivity2 since 9.1 (if not 9.0).  I'm not sure I could create a ChangeActivity2 if I wanted to.  (If you look at the JavaDoc WTChangeActivity2 is a descendant of ChangeActivity2)

JavaDoc.jpg

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Looking back through the error in the Method Serevr log it is wt.change2.WTChangeActivity2, so that all seems to be up to date.

I did notice that some of the site OOTB and Org level workflows adn lifecycles have a date stamp in the iterations of the day we upgraded from 9.1 to 10.0. Some do not. I hope it is simply a matter that not all workflows and lifecycles needed updating for 10.0.

I do have a policy for wt.change.WTchangeActivity2 and it is enabled. The Policy is the most confusing part of what is needed.

The really confusing part for me is that it all works on the development server without making any changes. The development system was cloned from the production one at 9.1 and then updated as a trial run for 10.0. The same upgrade procedure was then run on the production system.

LoriSood
22-Sapphire II

Ben, were you able to verify that the OIR for  WTChangeActivity2 on the 10.0 system is up-to-date and contains the correct lifecycle template information?

To rule out a product-level OIR overruling an org- or site-level OIR does the information about the LC template look correct if you download the composite OIR for the Change Task?

I would also verify that the LC template is enabled for either WTObject or for WTChangeActivity2:

6-11-2015 6-20-03 PM.png

Top Tags