cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Which client-side Java works properly with IE9 and Windchill 10.0 m030?

ScottPearson
3-Visitor

Which client-side Java works properly with IE9 and Windchill 10.0 m030?

Hello Windchill Gurus,

Problem:

"Policy Administrator" does not display its contents when launched from stand-alone browser IE9. All I get is the Java logo and an endlessly-rotating progress bar. Eventually (5 minutes?) the process times out with a time-out error message.

Configuration:

Windchill-based ProINTRALINK 10.0 m030

Client-Side Stand-Alone Browser = IE9

Client-Side Java = Version 6 Update 45 (1.6.0_45-b06)

Windows 7 Professional, SP1

Notes:

1. Changing Java to newer version does not correct the issue.

2. PTC Support is currently handling my open Call but no concrete answer yet. (Y'all know that drill...)

3. My Windchill server has been added to IE9>Tools>Internet Options>Security>Trusted sites.

4. Java Control Panel has been configured to allow just about any script to run when Prompted, if necessary.

Per http://support.ptc.com/WCMS/files/124477/en/Windchill10.0M050SoftwareMatrices030414.pdf, WC10.0 m050 supports 1.6.0_45 or higher in the 1.6.0 series and Version 7 Update 45 or later on the Client Side.

I'd like to know what WC10.0 m030 worked with when first released but I can locate the Software Matrix for WC10.0 m030 on PTC's site. (For some reason, PTC Support can not locate the m030 version of the Software Matrix. Geez...)

Anybody out there have an old copy of the WC10.0 m030 Software Matrix to share?

Or is anybody still running WC10.0 m030 with IE9? If so, what version of Java are you running on the Client Side to access "Policy Administrator" from a Stand-Alone browser?

BTW, the best solution would be to upgrade WC. Believe me, that is on my radar but until then....

TIA.

Scott Pearson

Southwest Research Institute

San Antonio, TX, USA

1 REPLY 1

Hello,

Unfortunately I found only the matrices for 10.0 M020 and I think that Wch 10.0 M030 supported java 7.

In my case i very often used Java 7u25 for client side with Windchill 10.0. That version had high stability with Windchill.

I guess that there could be some security issue which blokes the communication with Java applet and server.

I have experience with very similar issue on our customer client side where the java applet starting over 3 minutes

if I connected my laptop to their network the starting of java applet took few seconds.

Top Tags