cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

While creating Change Notice, the Change notice type will be populated based on Part lifecycle state

AK_10341824
5-Regular Member

While creating Change Notice, the Change notice type will be populated based on Part lifecycle state

How can we restrict change notice type based on Part lifecycle state?
Suppose one part is in INWORK state, then only CustomCN-1 (custom change notice type) can be created.

So, whenever user will try to create a change notice for the part, CN type will fixed as CustomCN-1.
Please provide an idea

3 REPLIES 3
Fadel
22-Sapphire I
(To:AK_10341824)

not possible ootb , but with some custo, we can listen to event and set type as per logic 

Fede
AK_10341824
5-Regular Member
(To:Fadel)

Hi @Fadel , Can you please tell me the customization step I need to perform for this?
Create jsp file I need to modify, right?

avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:AK_10341824)

If you are using the Change Request and those parts are added to the change request, its possible that you can automate the creation and picking the right custom type in that way. The approach of trying to handle this if you are creating the CN directly from the Part object would be a bit difficult. Have you thought of trying to avoid using specialized CN types at all? If the reason is for attributes, then I get using soft types. If its for changing the workflow, there are ways of having a generic workflow run but using logic in the workflow, call specialized sub-workflow blocks based on some criteria. Step back and see if you are making things too overly complicated.

Announcements

Top Tags