cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Why does the Advanced Search tab in Creo still look like it came from Windchill 9?

jfrankovich
10-Marble

Why does the Advanced Search tab in Creo still look like it came from Windchill 9?

Does it bother anyone else that the Windchill Advanced Search tab in Creo still looks like it came straight from Windchill 9.0? We kind of forget that it is there anyway, but firing up Creo 6.0 connected to WC 11 I really don't expect to see this. Seems like a long overdue change that wouldn't take long at all to implement. It just looks careless.

screenshot.1380.jpg

John Frankovich

4 REPLIES 4

I've found it to be buggy too.. I tell all my users to use the Windchill search and not that search. I wish we could disable or hide it. 

What if we (PTC) actually removed it from Creo entirely steering user towards using the Windchill search from the embedded browser instead? 

That would be acceptable to me. Having two completely different ways of searching Windchill essentially side by side in the application seems unnecessary. An option to toggle the tab would be nice.
In fact there is some additional redundancy in other aspects of the Creo Navigator and Windchill Navigator sitting side by side. It would be nice if one of them just took on the abilities of the other when connected to Windchill.
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:SteveShaw)

@SteveShaw,

There is currently no way to search the contents of a workspace other than with the 'search in table' box.  It would be great if there was a way users to could search workspace contents based on an IBA value or with with multiple criteria (similar to the advanced search in Windchill.)  Is there any chance this pane could be re-purposed for something like that?  Instead of a commonspace search make it a workspace search?

Top Tags