cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

WinDU FT Validate log output

jfrankovich
10-Marble

WinDU FT Validate log output

All:
We are prepping our WC9.1 database for an upgrade to WC10 and have fixed or gotten the green light from PTC on all of our WinDU issues, but there is one thing that is still bothering me. The FTValidate log has a number of errors that PTC says won't affect the migration, but I am concerned about the integrity of the Family Table objects themselves and would like to locate the objects that are causing the problem. The problem is that the logs only output information like this:

Tue 2/14/12 03:19:01: ERROR|wt.epm.familytable.EPMSepFamilyTable|20450|18278690

And that doesn't give me a clear link to the object itself since it is not clear what those numbers are indicating. I've asked PTC how I can use this log to identify the corresponding objects, but they are yet to provide an answer and I haven't been able to sift through the database with any success yet.
Has anyone else dealt with this before or have a clue what this log is actually showing with these numbers?
Thanks,
John Frankovich
GSI Group
www.gsiag.com<">http://www.gsiag.com>

1 REPLY 1

Ok. PTC's official answer is that they can't use the numbers in this log file to locate the files causing the errors. Not the answer I expected. Strange that they create a log file at all if it won't help ID the problem objects. Sounds like a cop out to me. Here's hoping that somebody out there has cracked the code and figured this out.

John
Top Tags