cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Winchill 9.1 Users seeing other users workspaces

JohnWenner
6-Contributor

Winchill 9.1 Users seeing other users workspaces

We are having an issue and PTC said this should not be happening. I've tried to work with our Internal Helpdesk also for PDMLink, but they have not been very helpful either.

Anyways, what is happening. We just migrated out data from an INTRALINK 3.X system into an existing PDMLink 9.1 M060 Windchill server. The problem is we have an OEM where about HALF the users there can see other users workspaces. They are allowed to go into these workspaces and ACTIVATE them. The interesting thing is that this only happens with about 12 users on site, the other 8 or so are working just fine.

In addition, when a user goes into an INACTIVE workspace either in a standalone browser or the embedded Pro/E browser it shows ZERO files. However, when they activate it, files show up in the workspace. PTC said this is intended; however, everyone who is working correctly can see files in an INACTIVE workspace.

I'm at a standstill currently, any suggestions would help. My options are limited, since I do not have elevated permissions in our PDMLink system.

In addition, the error message the Even Manager often provides is "The User has no access to the Workspace Context". PDMLink seems to think that the user is in a different workspace than what they are really in. I've witnessed it all firsthand, so I know it is not user error.

6 REPLIES 6

I've also seen this issue on 9.1 M050. Curious to hear the solution.

We are still having the issue. We now have 13 people at one site working correctly, the other 13 not. PTC cannot figure it out. It may be with our authentication through the LDAP, but no one has a good answer. We may just try to create new profiles for these users.

JohnWenner
6-Contributor
(To:JohnWenner)

UPDATE: The issue has been resolved. The problem was our Helpdesk that creates the profile put the same Alternate User ID for the 13 problem users. Thus, it was reporting the same USER ID and the system was getting confused. I was not able to review the profiles as I did not have elevated permissions.

What is an Alternate UserID?

I'm guessing the LDAP had multiple "userid" feilds (or whatever the login attribute is.)

For example, "wcadmin" has two userid's. "wcadmin" and "Administrator." I think his display name (cn) is "Administrator," but you can log in wiith either "wcadmin" or "Administrator."

I have the same problem (when I try to upload files from Creo to WC 10.0 I have error "The User has no access to the Workspace Contex") but none of the users have alternate user name. This problem appeared when I added some standard policy rules for accessing documents in one product. I dont have that problem with other products, just with this one that has policy rules but all rules are OOTB. What could be the problem?

Top Tags