cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

WindChill / Creo Material Management

jwagh
17-Peridot

WindChill / Creo Material Management

So the topic of materials has been discussed before in this forum, but I'm not sure there has been a solution I've been happy with. I was hoping someone can share their amazing idea on materials management that I haven't thought of. Here is the basic wish list - somehow connect between WindChill and Creo:

• Material Properties file
  • Material Note in Drawing (soon in model for MBD)
  • Material Finish in Drawing (soon in model for MBD)
  • Detailed material in WindChill (like sheetmetal gauge.. etc)
  • Detailed finish in WindChill
  • Allow for material variations within Creo and WindChill (a part can have multiple colors)
  • Allow for a material spec to be linked to these materials.

The goal is to not have the user edit the materials and finish 3 different times for three different places. Even if you don't have a magical solution to do all of this, if you have something that is 'unique' and you are proud of, I would love to hear it!

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
joe_morton
17-Peridot
(To:jwagh)

Just a partial solution:

We keep our Creo material library in Windchill. All Creo users have a config setting that point them to the Windchill directory.

We've designated the material parameter in Creo, so that it comes into Windchill on the Model, as well as the WTPart. 

Hopefully that gets you to a good start!

jwagh
17-Peridot
(To:joe_morton)

Thank you. I was thinking about it. The problem is that there is still no linkage between the note in the drawing, the finish in the drawing, those values in WindChill and parametrically changing them. For instance, if you want the note verbiage to change in all of your drawings, you can't edit the .mtl file that would do that (as far as I know).

Top Tags