cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

WindChill WorkGroup Manager-Register New Application

kjsims
4-Participant

WindChill WorkGroup Manager-Register New Application

Hello,

I am having an issue registering a 3rd party application (SolidWorks 2015 SP2) with Workgroup Manager 11.0 M020. I previously had WGM 11.0 M020 working correctly with SolidWorks 2015 SP2.

For testing purposes I installed SolidWorks 2017 and WGM 11.0 M030, registered SW 2017, connected to the test server and everything worked fine.

I then uninstalled WGM 11.0 M030 and attempted to re-install M020 via PTC installation assistant. WindChill File System and WGM install correctly, but SolidWorks sits at "pending prerequisite." WGM 11.0 M020 appears to have installed, but when I open it and click "register new application" nothing happens. TIA

2 REPLIES 2
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:kjsims)

I don't have anything but Creo with Windchill, but my guess is that you have a modified property file that has recorded the SW 2017 information in it and will not allow you to register a second version of SW.

See this other thread for a similar problem: https://community.ptc.com/t5/Windchill-Ideas/Supporting-multiple-instances-of-CATIA-in-WGM/idc-p/570810#M8923

kjsims
4-Participant
(To:BenLoosli)

I wasn't too sure how to delete the property file but I selected ONLY SolidWorks 2015 (I was doing 2015+2017) and it installed/worked. Thank you.

Top Tags