cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Windchill 10.1 M020 home page not working

MohanMB
2-Guest

Windchill 10.1 M020 home page not working

I am using Windchill 10.1 with the M020 datecode. When i login and click on home page, it pops a spinning wheel and it keeps on spinning endlessly. It never stops and if we click on any other links like folders, workspaces, etc. then the corresponding page comes up. But the home page (landing page) is not working. Surprisingly for some other team members it is working properly and there is no known reason for this. Does anyone have a clue how to solve it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Johin shaikh,

I am happy to tell that after a long struggle finally we were able to solve the issue. Infact, we raised this concern with PTC and asked for a specific PTC personnel to help us. The guy from PTC responded over email and asked us to perform some set of queries on our SQL server database. Based on the results that came up he suggested a few options that needs to be done by the administrator only at the server level. And hey presto, once that was done, the entire issue was resolved and now all the users are able to get the homepage. I hope i was able to give you some good guidance. All the best.

Best regards,

Mohan

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Is this on workgroup manager (e.g Creo)?

Revise if you have this config:

windows_browser_type mozilla_based_browser

Thank you for the help. However, i did not understand what you meant here. Although this problem is not related to the browser because i can see that in some of the systems it does work properly with the same browser whether it is chrome or IE.

Mohan,

1. Go to somebody else computer, log into Windchill and check if the home page comes up without issues. Does it come up?
  2. If 1 above is true, can you duplicate the issue on your PC using multiple browsers (ie, Chrome, Firefox)?
  3. If 1 above is true, did you delete all cache from your browser then restarted your PC and tried again to access the home page?
  4. If 1 above is true, ask somebody to log onto your PC and access his home page. Does it work?

You may also experience stickiness on your user ID for some reasons ... access the URL below (replace with your server name) and click on Reset Server Stickiness.

• http://<Server_Address>/Windchill/app/netmarkets/jsp/user/utilitiesList.jsp

Regards,

Terry

Hi Thierry,

Thank you for trying to help here. I really appreciate the reply from everyone.

It was a good thought, but unfortunately the answer all the 4 questions above is "No". It does not work even if i log into any other computer. And morever, i even tried the other option you mentioned about server stickiness. Even after resetting it did not work.

To add more info - Infact we did check another method. For few users in our company the home page works fine, so we identified one particular computer and tried to login for both the type of users. It behaved exactly the same as it would in the individual computer. Meaning - the home page appeared properly for the users who did not face this problem even in their own system, while the home page did not appear for those users who were facing the problem in their own system. So it is just the same without any solution yet.

Best regards,

Mohan

tswett
12-Amethyst
(To:MohanMB)

Mohan,

We ran into this issue when we upgraded to 10.1 M040. Please check out this TS document and SPR, you might want to open up a TS case on it for guidance.

TS Document CS116343: https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS116343&source=sprviewer

SPR 2168803: https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/spr.jsp?n=2168803&source=sprviewer

Hi Mohan,

We are currently facing the same issue with couple of user.

Is your issue solved and if yes can you please let me know how.

I tried all the above solution but unfortunately it dint work for me.

Thanks and Regards,

-Zohin Shaikh

Hi All,

I have newely installed Windchill 10.1 M040 and the installation completed successfully. I have the same problem. I have checked all the above steps and nothing happens. Kindly help.

Thanks

Hi,

We found the solution to this problem finally. Please see my reply to Johin.

Best regards,

Mohan

Hi Johin shaikh,

I am happy to tell that after a long struggle finally we were able to solve the issue. Infact, we raised this concern with PTC and asked for a specific PTC personnel to help us. The guy from PTC responded over email and asked us to perform some set of queries on our SQL server database. Based on the results that came up he suggested a few options that needs to be done by the administrator only at the server level. And hey presto, once that was done, the entire issue was resolved and now all the users are able to get the homepage. I hope i was able to give you some good guidance. All the best.

Best regards,

Mohan

Hi Mohan,

Can you please tell us what was the resolution provided to you by PTC or can you please share the case number.

Hi Johin,

Unfortunately it is not a simple solution. And moreover, there is no specific case number related to this. We literally directly contacted the PTC support by email who communicated with our CAD admin and asked us to perform a series of tests on the server to find out what it responds. Based on those results he asked us to do some tweakings at the server level in the setup file. That finally helped us to get rid of this problem. I guess the best possible method would be to contact your PTC co-ordinator directly and ask him/her for the solution. You will have to have some patience as it is going to take time to solve.

Best regards,

Mohan

Top Tags