cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Windchill 10.1 M040 workflow

rjacobsen
1-Newbie

Windchill 10.1 M040 workflow

I am trying to put a custom promotion request workflow in place and I am having a couple of issues. I am trying to add an Activity for an action item before the promotion approval request goes Under Review. Ultimately, I want to have several action items, but starting simple to just get it working. Started with the OOTB Promotion Approval workflow:

Added the Document Control Action item activity shown below (is this the right spot?).

[cid:image002.png@01CEB52A.466FF7C0]

When I get to selecting participants for the approval, it says "no process" for Select Process and not showing any available participants. I am using the OOTB Promotion Request Team, have created a subtype for promotions and have uploaded an OIR to use this subtype with a custom lifecycle (which I saved from the original lifecycle, so no changes there). I added access controls for the new subtype.

[cid:image001.png@01CEB528.47BA6400]

I am using the OOTB Promotion Request Team, have created a subtype for promotions and have uploaded an OIR to use this subtype with a custom lifecycle (which I saved from the original lifecycle, so no changes there). I set the new workflow as the one to use in the new lifecycle. I added access controls for the new subtype.

[cid:image003.png@01CEB52A.8AF7E9C0]

When I create a new Promotion Request, it is pulling the correct subtype:
[cid:image004.png@01CEB52B.4469F920]

Any ideas why the participants are not showing up in the third step of the promotion request?

Thanks,
Russ Jacobsen

1 REPLY 1

Solved. Promotion Requests default workflows are selected in the Preference Manager instead of being called out in the life cycle, so even though I had disabled the workflow, it was still being called up when I initiated a promotion request. In fact, I had to remove the custom workflow from the life cycle because it was trying to start that workflow and the OOTB workflow at the same time. Once I selected the custom workflow within the Preference Manager, it worked great.

Thanks,
Russ Jacobsen
Director, Sustaining & Implementation
YAKIMA Products Inc.
15025 SW Koll Pkwy., Beaverton, OR 97006
p: 971.249.7503 | f:971.249.7751 | russ.jacobsen@yakima.com<">mailto:russ.jacobsen@yakima.com>
Top Tags