cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Windchill 10.2 sidebar folder names incorrect

MSC12
1-Newbie

Windchill 10.2 sidebar folder names incorrect

This is a strange problem that has been happening regularly to my windchill pages. When navigating folders within windchill, the side bar will sometimes start displaying the wrong folder links. I have attached a screen shot of an example. I cannot find any pattern to it and it is very annoying. The side bar will display folders that are NOT within the selected folder tree in place of of the folders that should be there. When the links are clicked on it brings you to the labeled folder.

In the first screen shot attached you can see the folders "Assemblies" & "Banjos and Banjo heads" have been replaced by two completely different folders. When I expand those folders they display the contents of the folders that they replaced but they are filled with incorrect folders as well (pic 2 highlighted). When you CLICK on the incorrect folder it will open the folder is is named as.

None of this happens when navigating through the main center window, only the side bar. I would be more than happy to answer any questions to clarify.

Is this a bug? Some strange setting that needs to be changed? Can anyone help me out here?

EDIT: Refreshing the page seems to sort it out but why is it happening in the first place? Im guessing software bug

5 REPLIES 5
LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:MSC12)

Seems like some sort of weird client-caching issue.

What version of IE are you running?

Does this happen in other browsers, such as Chrome or Firefox, as well?

MSC12
1-Newbie
(To:LoriSood)

Im running IE 10 version 10.0.9200.16921

Ill check with other browsers and report back

MSC12
1-Newbie

just checked other browsers. It seems that Firefox 30.0 has the same issue but Chrome Version 35.0.1916.153 is working correctly.

Hey Chris,

Does the issue persist after clearing your caches?

Thanks,

Jarrett

ChrisSpartz
12-Amethyst

Try disabling any third party add-ons in the browser. Then restart and see if the issue still occurs.

If you log into Windchill from another machine, are you able to recreate the issue on that machine as well? Are other users seeing this issue, too?

Top Tags