cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Windchill 10 PSI - Oracle Configuration

egifford
4-Participant

Windchill 10 PSI - Oracle Configuration

I'm installing a test implementation of Windchill 10 on a dual server setup (Win Server 2008 R2 running on Vmware). When using the PSI on the Oracle server for the Oracle Configuration, there are choices not present before or described in the Installation and Configuration guide. The PSI shows "Create Windchill Installation Database User Account" and "Create Windchill Application Database User Account" instead of simply "Create Windchill Database User Account". What differentiates the new "Installation" and "Application" user accounts? For a PDMLink setup, do I need both? What do I set them up as (user name)?

Windchill 10 c000

Oracle 11g R2

Erik

WC10_PSI_Oracle_config.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AFAIK the new "Windchill Application Database User" is a separate user that some organizations might require to increase application security. As I understood this the "Application" user is used by Windchill during normal operation is not allowed to alter the database schema.

For a test setup you should be fine just defining the "Windchill Installation Database User Account" and everything will run with this database user as in 9.1.

Regarding the choice of database user names I assume you can pick whatever you want as long as you specify the same when you run the PSI to setup the Windchill machine. I didn't make a dual server setup for my 10.0 testing though, so this is just my best guessing 🙂

Good luck with your 10.0 install.

Jørn

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

AFAIK the new "Windchill Application Database User" is a separate user that some organizations might require to increase application security. As I understood this the "Application" user is used by Windchill during normal operation is not allowed to alter the database schema.

For a test setup you should be fine just defining the "Windchill Installation Database User Account" and everything will run with this database user as in 9.1.

Regarding the choice of database user names I assume you can pick whatever you want as long as you specify the same when you run the PSI to setup the Windchill machine. I didn't make a dual server setup for my 10.0 testing though, so this is just my best guessing 🙂

Good luck with your 10.0 install.

Jørn

Top Tags