cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Windchill 11 M010 and "version" colum in Workspace display

egifford
4-Participant

Windchill 11 M010 and "version" colum in Workspace display

We're in the final steps of migrating from Windchill 10.0 M050 to Windchill 11.0 M010 and I've found what appears to be a bug.  I'm looking for someone else on 11.0 M010 to see if they can reproduce this issue.

If I take an existing workspace table display (customize view list: workspace listing) that has the "Version" column and either edit it to add / remove a column or copy it to create a new table display / view list for workspaces, the "version" column disappears.  It's not just gone from the "selected columns" list, it's also not in the "available columns" list, so there is no way to add it back.  The file version (rev.iteration) is a pretty key field to the user when working on Creo data managed by Windchill.  Has anyone else seen this or can anyone else reproduce this (just don't try it on some standard, company-wide table display), or has the "version" field been replaced by some other term?  I need to see if this is something wonky on our install, or a bug in 11.0 M010.  I've opened a ticket with PTC on this as well.

Regards,

Erik Gifford

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RonThellen
14-Alexandrite
(To:egifford)

It's a bug. Version and other attributes are missing from the "Available" columns in several table views.  See SPR6131564 for details and CS245684 for a workaround.  The SPR indicates it will be corrected in Windchill 11 M010 CPS05

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RonThellen
14-Alexandrite
(To:egifford)

It's a bug. Version and other attributes are missing from the "Available" columns in several table views.  See SPR6131564 for details and CS245684 for a workaround.  The SPR indicates it will be corrected in Windchill 11 M010 CPS05

egifford
4-Participant
(To:RonThellen)

Ron,

Thanks for the quick reply.  I must not have used the exact correct terms in the search on PTC's page, I didn't get any relevant results.  PTC support just asked if it was a test or production environment and if they could change the severity to 3, nothing about it being a known issue with a scheduled CPS fix.  Anyway, in a strange way it's at least good to know it's not something we've done wrong.  Thanks again

Erik

Top Tags