cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Windchill 12.0 - Any printing/downoad enhancements ?

ehowanice
11-Garnet

Windchill 12.0 - Any printing/downoad enhancements ?

Watched quite a few videos on Windchill 12.0, thought I saw an enhancement where from a search on a drawing, you could download or print the drawing right from a menu. I looked again thru numerous videos and can't find any such enhancement. Can anyone confirm if this functionality was added ?

If so, what exactly will it do ?

On a related note, for Windchill 9.0 a community user came up with a utility called download pdf or pdf. It added a menu pick for downloading the published file.  There is also a some java code and files that need to be updated for the back end that runs from a Windchill shell.  In Windchill 11 I was able to get the backend utility to work, so basically from a list of drawing files, you can download the published reps with just one click.  Wasn't able to get the utility to run reliably thru the Windchill interface.

4 REPLIES 4
Ajit_Kulkarni
14-Alexandrite
(To:ehowanice)

Hello,

There are two extensions available Please go to https://windchill-extensions.ptc.com/ 

PDF quick access is free and CAD Quick is paid. 

For CAD quick we did similar customization to download CAD. 

CAD Quick.pngPDF Quick Access.png

Regards

Ajit 

Ajit - Thanks for the information. We're still on Windchill 11.0, there doesn't appear to be Windchill platform installer for 11.0 anymore.  Looking at the documentation/instructions at one point there was an installer for 11.0.  The PDF quick access starter is available for 11.0.  Looking on the PTC support site don't see any info regarding a platform installer for 11.0

Hello,

Looks like they took it out. We used it in our Windchill 11. These extensions are made by wincom and supported by PTC. Extension manager is available as default in Windchill 12.

Both of your tasks are possible through customization. 

Thanks 

@ehowanice , hi

I have a download utility that does what you described.

d_graham_0-1654862291886.png

From Windchill you open a search page and enter CAD Drawing numbers (you can use wildcards too)

The search returns all CAD Drawings that match the search criteria.

User then checks which drawings they want (there’s a ‘Select All’ and a ‘Unselect All’ button too) and then the user selects the ‘Download’ button.

The utility then downloads the published pdf files. If any drawing has not been published the utility will automatically publish it and download the resulting pdf file.

The code was was written in 10.x and has worked just thru 12.1 (current latest release).

The utility could easily be expanded to be run from OOTB search results menu and the drawing action menu.

If you’d like to learn more feel free to contact me at:

windchill.developer@yahoo.com 

Top Tags