cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Windchill Bulk Migrator 4.0 Discussion Page

crepciuc
1-Newbie

Windchill Bulk Migrator 4.0 Discussion Page

Hello Everybody,

Welcome to the Windchill Bulk Migrator 4.0 Discussion Page. Feel free to talk, ask questions, share your experiences on the Windchill Bulk Migrator topic. Also, news and updates on this subject will be posted here as well.

Enjoy!

14 REPLIES 14

I can't to migrate the metacontent, can you help?

Can you describe the situation a little bit more? Some details would be great. Thanks!

Hello Windchilists!

WBM realy very great product!!! I know people how try to write similar software for migrate from old another DB to WC, and get only BIG problems.

I had done migrated content metadata already after I updated manually targetSite row in staged tabe, I don't understand why WBM 4 didn't execute update of targetSite row.

Now I understand how to migrate all objects from one WC to another WC.

Some additional question:

How to solve conflict situation, when I want to migrate big BOM (10000 items) with EPM Documents, and want that some objects used (WTPart, EPMDocument) from target WC, and didn't create?

Thanks.

hi Ivan..

Is there a possibility that you could share your efforts with WBM with us...like how you did it.

I'm familiar with the architecture and done content migration myself...however, I have some problems with contents. I'm trying to streamline the understanding of using WBM.

Is there a document or worknotes you wish to share?

Thanks,

Wasim

For content you must:

1. Execute com.ptc.windchill.migration.wbm.preloadvalidator.ui.PreLoadValidationManager for ContentMetadata
  2. Resolver all problems from PreLoadValidationManager tables and views.
  3. I don't now why but before I didn't execute command update  CONTENTMETADATA set TARGETSITEURL='http://source_host/Windchill/servlet/WindchillGW' where migrated!=9; migration didn't work. I understand this after analize executed SQL scripts from WMB log. (I use source Oracle and target SQL Server DBs)
  4. windchill com.ptc.windchill.migration.wbm.DataLoadController -pre CONTENTMETADATA WTDocument
  5. windchill com.ptc.windchill.migration.wbm.DataLoadController -l CONTENTMETADATA WTDocument (WTDocument must to be loaded)

If you interested we can try to speak by skype.

Hi Ivan,

Do you happen to know what are the tables which keep information about the data normalized (or failed during normalized). I am looking for the flag details and where are they stored.

I've gone through the 'wbmldrdbobjstatus' and 'wbmldrstatus' tables, but not much help.

I need to understand the architecture of the tables used while normalizing data from both staging schema as well as windchill schema.

Any help on this would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks,

Wasim

Hello Ivan,

Is it possible to share Skype Id ?

Hi All,

What would best way to migrate the CAD Data from Windchill+Creo to Teamcnter+Catia ?

Will WBM Tool will be helpful to us here in this case ?

Please suggest on this.

Hi All,

What would best way to migrate the CAD Data from Windchill+Creo to Teamcnter+Catia ?

Will WBM Tool will be helpful to us here in this case ?

Please suggest on this.

Hi all,

I have a number of extracted files from WBM that I must convert into load files without using any of WBM's functionalities. Does any one know an easy way of doing this or will I have to write code to solve this problem?

Thanks!

This would be a great subcommunity to add and propose to PTC moderators.

ssicard
1-Newbie
(To:ddemay)

Yes, David that would be great- do you know how we would go about doing that? I'm relatively new here

Hello,

Can the WBM migrate the Creo Parametric As Stored configurations from Winchill 9.1 to Windchill 11.0 ?

Best regards,

Philippe

Hello,

While extraacting wtpart from windchill I am facing below error

com.ptc.windchill.migration.wbm.wc2wc.util.WBMException: WBMLDRSTATUS table does not exists. This usually happens if the staging schema was not created.

please let me know what i need to do I have check I can access staging database.

Top Tags