cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Windchill CAD Integration for AutoCAD with 'Advance Steel' module

JimTVancouverCa
1-Newbie

Windchill CAD Integration for AutoCAD with 'Advance Steel' module

Hello all,

Has anyone used the AutoCAD work group manager integration when AutoCAD has the Advance Steel module installed?

- Jim

3 REPLIES 3

Jim, We are a Windchill user now at 10.2 M30 and looking at 11.0 and possibly M10.    Today, we are sending out a purchase order to buy a copy of Advanced Steel.    One issue that I know about already is that we will be using 2016 version of Advanced steel and will need to get a version of WGM that supports 2016 AutoCAD even before we try.   We are hopeful that the compatibility of Vanilla Profile of 2016 will allow.   I don't know if I would be sure of how or not it might handle the part detail pages that are generated.     We will be finding out in the next month or so.   If you find more please post back to share.

Good day,

I know this is an old post, but any further developments on this? We are trying to do the same with version 2018 so I will be interested in any successful use of the 2 together.

Regards

Kobus

We are currently trying to use Advance Steel with Windchill 11.1 or Windchill 12 (soon pending update). It looks like it will semi connect, just not give the toolbar tab for PTC Windchill. Any tips or tricks to share? 

Top Tags