cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Windchill Content (CreoView Files)

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Windchill Content (CreoView Files)

One thing I am noticing is that the content connected to a file, either drawing, part or assembly, in Windchill 10.0m040 is not being replaced when the file is renamed or revised. Usually the rev A/0 files have the content saying created from the proper file. Recently, I have seen some rev B assemblies showing the content is from the last rev A iteration.

Is there a Windchill configuration that I am missing that forces the system to automatically update the content? We do publish upon check-in, but these sometimes fail. Is that causing the system to maintain the old content link?

3 REPLIES 3

Re-Publishing is needed after Rename in order to get the updated Number/Name into the viewable. We got burned on this multiple times - put in a strict procedure to enforce this after Rename actions.

Revise leaves the original alone, creates new. Content file replaced on Revise??
RandyJones
19-Tanzanite
(To:BenLoosli)

On 07/25/14 10:56, Ben Loosli wrote:
>
> One thing I am noticing is that the content connected to a file, either drawing, part or assembly,
> in Windchill 10.0m040 is not being replaced when the file is renamed or revised. Usually the rev
> A/0 files have the content saying created from the proper file. Recently, I have seen some rev B
> assemblies showing the content is from the last rev A iteration.
>
> Is there a Windchill configuration that I am missing that forces the system to automatically
> update the content? We do publish upon check-in, but these sometimes fail. Is that causing the
> system to maintain the old content link?
>

These are the properties I am using:

<property name="publish.republishonepmdocumentchange" overridable="true"&lt;br"/>targetFile="codebase/WEB-INF/conf/wvs.properties"
value="true"/>
<property name="publish.copyforwardallrepresentationsoncontainerchange"&lt;br"/> overridable="true"
targetFile="codebase/WEB-INF/conf/wvs.properties"
value="false"/>
<property name="publish.copyforwardallrepresentationsoncopy" overridable="true"&lt;br"/>targetFile="codebase/WEB-INF/conf/wvs.properties"
value="false"/>
<property name="publish.copyforwardallrepresentationsonrevise" overridable="true"&lt;br"/>targetFile="codebase/WEB-INF/conf/wvs.properties"
value="false"/>
<property name="publish.publishonepmdocumentchange" overridable="true"&lt;br"/>targetFile="codebase/WEB-INF/conf/wvs.properties"
value="true"/>
<property name="publish.publishondocumentchange" overridable="true"&lt;br"/>targetFile="codebase/WEB-INF/conf/wvs.properties"
value="true"/>

We get republishing on the following:

* rename
* state change
* move

We get initial publishing on checkin of new versions.

Revising an object ie from B.x to C.1 gets this:

* C.1no viewable
o You can create a viewable manually by selecting in the empty thumbnail window
* C.2, C.3, etc will all get viewables published when checked in and republished per above.

>
> -----End Original Message-----

--
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Randy Jones
Systems Administrator
Great Plains Mfg., Inc.
1525 E North St
PO Box 5060
Salina, KS USA 67401
email: -
Phone: 785-823-3276
Fax: 785-667-2695
------------------------------------------------------------------------

cc-2
6-Contributor
(To:BenLoosli)

Hi

like Randy said, we also have our publisher configured to republish for any changes of a EPMDocument,

change of life cycle state, change of name, number, filename, parameters, but also if a model is iterated and not the drawing, the drawing will also be republished as we use Latest as our default configuration. However, very often we have dependencies flagged as "Marked Out Of Date" so we create a task to republish all Marked Out Of Date vizualisation to run a few times in a week.

One must be aware that this generates a lot of load on the publisher and we recently change our publisher to have 2 CAD workers to improve performance (speed at which the publish jobs are completed).

Top Tags