cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Windchill Error - WCTYPE - wt.doc.WTDocument

pladuca
1-Newbie

Windchill Error - WCTYPE - wt.doc.WTDocument

I am currently not able to create new documents (upload) onto Windchill. I am getting the error:

WCTYPE - wt.doc.WTDocument

When I try. Any suggested next steps?

Team 3173.

Thx, Peter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

This issue is now resolved. Scott Morris (PTC) made a change in FIRST Windchill configuration and the issue is now resolved. I am closing this issue.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MatthewKnight
4-Participant
(To:pladuca)

Peter, you'll have to give us a little bit more than the WCTYPE/WTDocument thing. What version of WC? What page are you on? How are you trying to create a document? It fails with and without content? Maybe attach the MethodServer log with the error. Remove any credentials from the log, and it wouldn't hurt to change server names.

Steps I am following to create the error:

1. open: https://firstrobotics.ptc.com/Windchill/

2. Login to team 3173's project: FRC 3173 - IgKnighters

3. Open folders

4. I am able to create folders, move content already in the folders... but am not able to upload anything to the folders. My understanding is that the "New Document" option is to be used to perform this function.

5. When I click on "New Document" I get the following pop-up error:

WCTYPE_Error.jpg

6. I have tried this from a second PC and another person on my team has also tried this from their computer... and they are also getting the same error.

7. I am not familar with what a WC is or how to check it's version.

Any thoughts? Should I have opened this discussion in the FIRST category...and not the Windchill category?

This issue is now resolved. Scott Morris (PTC) made a change in FIRST Windchill configuration and the issue is now resolved. I am closing this issue.

Top Tags