cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Windchill Folder Permissions

tthurnau
3-Visitor

Windchill Folder Permissions

Hello - I am having trouble getting my team permissions to a folder. All members of the team are set to designers but they are not able to check in, check out or add new files to the folder. When they try the get an error message that says they do not have permissions. We have other team folders that I have set them to Designers and there are no issues. Any Help would be great. Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:tthurnau)

Check the permissions of the folder so it inherits the rights of the parent folder.

Is this a newly created folder?

I might have used the wrong terminalogy. The issue is with the product and the folders in the product. The product is an existing product that I was added as the product manager to. Only myself and the administrator have the ability to add files and check in/out. The product is set up the same as others in our system.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Existing product, did the users have permsiions to add files to the prduct folders before you were added as a product manager?

DId some ACL settings get messed up along the way?

No. This product was created awhile ago and sat empty and I started using it as the product manager. The users never had access to it until after i was the product manager.

I am unsure about ACL settings. Where do I find those?

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

You will need to work with your system admin to check them and see if they need modified.

Top Tags