cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Windchill Java API which tell whether a windchill object needs to be checked out for an operation

ashishbhusa
12-Amethyst

Windchill Java API which tell whether a windchill object needs to be checked out for an operation

My actual requirement is to find a Windchill Java API which tells if a windchill object type like 'WTPart' needs to be checked out before update operation for a particular attribute or not by using the type of the object only. 

I have searched the Windchill API JavaDoc for such API and found one which required an object as input. I need to determine whether the object needs to be checked out from the object type name only.

Does anyone know about such API?

On the Windchill UI, I have seen that the Actions menu is being populated based on the object type. For example, For 'WTPart', Check out action is added to the actions menu, while for 'WTChangeRequest2' it is not.  On what basis does the Windchill application do this?

2 REPLIES 2

Revision controlled objects need to be checked out in order to modify their attributes. By default, change objects like Problem Reports, Change Requests, etc. are not revision controlled objects.

Some attributes of Objects like state do not need checkin/out. Some attributes need object to be checkout for update. Is there API to validate which attributes need checkin/out. Or is there any list of such attributes which do not need checkin/out.

Top Tags