cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Windchill PDMLink 10.1 M040 Installation Instructions

pwyndham
3-Visitor

Windchill PDMLink 10.1 M040 Installation Instructions

11/18/2013 -- Added steps to set PDMLink up as a service that runs Automatically.

-- Stated IIS can be setup as an option, as IIS is not fully supported and can be unstable.

-- Added a note on page 29 to refer back to page 23 about the error shown.

As an experienced PTC Intralink admin it was time to move to PDMLink. To assist myself with future installation and upgrades I created a simplified installation instructions document.

I figured I would post it here for others to use.

I would also like feedback from more experienced installers for things that need to be changed or added to help address items I did not find.

I just switched the attachment to the word document instead of the PDF.

2 REPLIES 2

I am using Oracle Dattabase. database name was Wind and then i set the password for that. i am getting the same error what you had mentioned in page # 35, 36.

*** This is a bad thing*** It was caused by putting in the name of the default database.

can you please tel me the options to be unselected or selected to finish the setup. Thanks & Regards,

Karthikeyan Ganesan

Looks like that line is actually on page 29 of the attached word document. It is refering back to page 23, where you enter information about the database. I am not sure what changes to the installer there are between SQL and Oracle as I have only worked with the SQL version. Either way if you got that error you will have to restart the installation.

I will make some changes and additions to the document to clarify page 23 and to add some things I found out after I posted it last time.

Good Luck

Top Tags