cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Windchill PDMLink with cluster setup

KGH
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Windchill PDMLink with cluster setup

Hi,

I had installed windchill ppdmlink on monolithic environment but really no idea on how to do with cluster option. could you please support me to host windchill pdmlink with cluster support. I do not have any document at all. If any customized document available, please share with us and help to complete the setup.

Thank you in Advance.

6 REPLIES 6
jessh
5-Regular Member
(To:KGH)

One suggestion here if at all possible:

Use Windchill 10.2.

It simplifies and improves Windchill clustering as compared to previous releases.

KGH
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:jessh)

Is this tricker with Windchill 10.1.

Also few queries like Is this windchill is cluster aware or unaware application. Is this works on active / active or active / passive node setup. I mean, just as failover cluster or load balancer cluster.

Any steps to follow while installation. If any simple document shared will really be helpful.

We have 2-node failover microsoft cluster setup.

Please help.

jessh
5-Regular Member

Windchill clustering is normally active/active, though active/passive arrangements have been used for the master node prior.

As of 10.2 the master node dynamically fails over as well, removing such complications. For this and other reasons cluster configuration is simpler with 10.2 than with previous releases.

As for further help, I'm afraid I'm neither a support engineer, nor the best person to help with production deployment of clusters,

KGH
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Do I need to install windchill on each cluster node.

jessh
5-Regular Member

For an active/active cluster you'd start Windchill on each cluster node.

I refer you to the documentation for background information. At that point you can then ask more specific questions about remaining uncertainties of those with plenty of experience deploying clusters in production.

jzupfer
1-Newbie

You can find instructions and other information about installing and configuring a Windchill 10.1 cluster environment in the Windchill Advanced Deployment Guide, which is available on ptc.com at the following URL:

http://www.ptc.com/WCMS/files/137350/en/WCAdvDeployGuide.pdf

The Windchill 10.2 version of the guide can be found here:

http://www.ptc.com/WCMS/files/156979/en/WCAdvDeployGuide.pdf

I hope you find this documentation helpful, and I welcome any feedback.

Jane

Jane Zupfer
VP, Enterprise Products Publications
E -

PTC.com

Top Tags