cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are troubleshooting an issue impacting community login, and it may be intermittently unavailable. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Windchill Performance Monitoring/Measures

LeeGregory
7-Bedrock

Windchill Performance Monitoring/Measures

We are upgrading to Windchill release 12.0.2.5.  We are currently using PTC System Monitor (Dynatrace) for monitoring Windchill 11.2.  Now that it is no longer included with Windchill we are wanting to evaluate other tools.

If people are willing to share, we are looking to find out tools others are using with Windchill (purchased software or open-source tools).

Performance measures:

-Application performance - how well the app is able to process web requests.

-NOT looking for server performance (memory, cpu usage).

-How well can application process web pages, perform searches, queue processing, etc.

-We would be interested in what others are measuring as well.

2 REPLIES 2
cpilli
5-Regular Member
(To:LeeGregory)

@LeeGregory Did you you ever find answers to your queries. We are looking for some performance measuring  tool not only for WIndchill application but also for CAD applications like Creo/Inventor/Solidworks when they interact with Windchill. 

Are you using Dynatrace, if yes, appreciate if you can share any feedback . Thanks

HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I
(To:cpilli)

Hi @cpilli 

Actually Dynatrace is good tool for monitoring, I used it a lot to search performance root problems in a past ..

Now days Dynatrace offers just cloud solution for monitoring, and it costs some payment per year.

The most difficult part is the implementation of the same monitoring dashboards as were provided by PTC System Monitor.

Also you should compare cons/pros what the continuous measurement  can bring to you. If the cons are ok compare to the price. 

Now days PTC provide different method to check performance by Windchill advisor and On-Demand System Scan

Yes it is manual control, but it costs just time. 

I do not have experience with different profi tool. 

PetrH

Announcements

Top Tags