cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Windchill Rehost Utility 3

tclark-2
3-Visitor

Windchill Rehost Utility 3

Could someone please either upload or give a link to their Windchill Rehost Utility 3 or whichever is the current release?

Trying to rehost from one machine to another.

We have PDM Essentials and the documentation calls out to go login and go to the downloads page but it doesn't exist there. Even had a help ticket open for 2 weeks but they were never able to help.

10 REPLIES 10
MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:tclark-2)

With Windchill Essentials, are you able to access the Windchill desktop?  Assuming not if it's hosted by PTC.

The Windchill Desktop Integration within our own Windchill, folder like structure? Yes, but there's only a limited amount of downloads there like Vis and Workgroup Managers.

Windchill desktop integration.JPG

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I

No, to rehost you have to have access to the actual Windchill installation - along with the database (Oracle or SQL Server).

It's all command line / property files.

Yes, we're a small company and I am the full Windchill admin on that as well. So, full access to the Windchill server.

Been trying with VM's to export/import SQL almost gotten it to work on a few machines but no dice quite yet.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Is Windchill Essentials hosted on your own computers in your server room or is it hosted over the web from a PTC contracted server?

Our own servers, locally.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

You should contact PTC Tech Support and find out why Windchill Essentials does not have access to the Rehost Utility.

I did. I had a ticket open for 2 weeks and finally gave up on them. They kept coming back with "we're discussing it".

Just wondering if someone could upload it to a Dropbox account that I could snag?

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I

Not worth it to get in legal trouble.

Once you get it, happy to share notes.  I've been super frustrated with the documentation on the re-host utility / process.  Just this week setting up two simplest possible installs / data sets to develop and get confidence in the process - see attached that I just banged out.

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I

Understand now - and just looked at the original image that I should have looked at to start with

I go to the same downloads page and see the rehost utility - so somehow the contract w/PTC has excluded it from download.  Seems that you'll need to work it thru your VAR.

Top Tags