cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Windchill Rehost

BrianToussaint
19-Tanzanite

Windchill Rehost

Once you have rehost down they go and change it.  Granted the last rehost I needed to do was 4 years ago but I have another test server and am trying to rehost my production server.  I installed SQL Server and installed the database portion of Windchill. Imported my database and performed the action after import.  Then I copied the Windchill load point and vault over.  Then I set up my rehost.properties file and ran the rehost.  It says it completed successfully.  Windchill will not start and disconnects WindchillDS in the process.  I'm on 11.0 m030.  The last time I did this I was on 10.2.  Does anyone have a document with the steps needed for doing this?  I'm guessing part of it is my LDAP connection.  Any suggestions or help would greatly be appreciated.  I just wish this wasn't always changing.  My instructions should be good to get it working again, but I guess going from Rehost Utility 3.0 to Rehost 11.0 is a major undertaking. 😞

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

After working with my VAR, we found were the issue was.  In WindchillDS, there was one line that still pointed to the old server name even though all other references were changed to the new server name.  We found it by exporting out the LDIF and searching for the old server name in Notepadd++.  Then we went into the manage entries and changed it.

Server Name.jpg

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Rehost 3.0 to Rehost 11.0 is minor, as long as you have the latest Rehost files. There is a change in the rehost properties between 3.0 and 11.0.

I did a 11.0 m030 rehost earlier this year on a production system. took about a week to get it all back up. I then tried a rehost back to development servers of the production system in June and for 2 weeks it kept failing. Had to abandon that rehost due to needs to bring up 2 new Windchill instances on another network for some dedicated new business work. Almost have 1 of these done.

I do have the 11.0 rehost files.  All of my issues are around getting the test Windchill back online.  First I get an Ldap 53 error and then an Ldap 49 error after I thought I fixed the first error.  Then I try to fix that error and go back to the Ldap 53 error.  That's good that you got it working, not so good at how long or that the development didn't work.  I copied the directories and tried to do a rename rehost.  I'm hoping that I do not have typo somewhere.

After working with my VAR, we found were the issue was.  In WindchillDS, there was one line that still pointed to the old server name even though all other references were changed to the new server name.  We found it by exporting out the LDIF and searching for the old server name in Notepadd++.  Then we went into the manage entries and changed it.

Server Name.jpg

Top Tags