cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Windchill Rehosting

VR_10538993
4-Participant

Windchill Rehosting

Hi All,
 I am doing Rehost of windchill 12.1 

1.  i have imported DB and LDAP

2. copied source windchill Directory including HTTP, WindchillDS everything 
3.Edited projects.property and rehost.property and ran the Rehost.sh command 
4. After i tried to start Windchill server i faced issue in Apache and Java location issues 

Is this the right way to do ??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If the methodserver cannot find the default administrator user, the methodserver will not start. It is likely that your target Windchill DS has a different base DN, meaning Windchill cannot find the admin user to auth during startup.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Hi @VR_10538993 

Yes. You just need to keep in mind, the instigator normally creates java path definition and others.

If you do not install the Windchill in the target system you need to defend it manually. 

The rehost script works.  in the past the Oracle DB needed redefinition of IP address in some config files. 

PetrH

Hi petr,

Thanks for the help, but i only understand half of it 

I am facing issue now in JAVA_HOME path but in bashrc file it is correct, when i do windchill eval the path in  java_home is different from bashrc so that windhcill start is not working 

Do you know what can i do to start windchill ?

Earlier i faced issue in apache start in which source configured with SSO but in target i start windchill as HTTP then need to uncommand properties and files to disable SSO . Like this i am facing issues one by one 

can you say what i am doing is right ? if it is and what type of rehost am i doing ? eg:- manual rehost 

Hi @VR_10538993 

I can't say what is wrong in your case. 

You didn't provide enough information.

I would advice to check a rehost guide where all scenarios are described..

also Manual Rehost Activities are described 

Rehost Utility Guide

hope this can help.

PetrH

Hi Pete,

Thanks for your help

You can manually define the Java location similar to this:

Invoke  Windchill Shell to run xconfmanager to set the wt.jdk and wt.java.cmd  with  new Oracle JDK path  in wt.properties file .

xconfmanager  -s  wt.jdk="C\:\\Program Files\\Java\\jdk-11.0.15.1"  -t codebase\wt.properties -p
xconfmanager  -s  wt.java.cmd="C\:\\Program Files\\Java\\jdk-11.0.15.1\\bin\\java.exe"  -t codebase\wt.properties -p

VR_10538993
4-Participant
(To:jbailey)

Hi Jbailey and Petr,
Thanks Thats what exactly i have done and now i can able to start HTTP Server

Source as AD configured but in target i only use WindchillDS
Earlier got "failed to set Administrator (ok if installation)" Added Adminsitrator to wcadmin group
changed this ""ie.ldap.propertyBaseDn=cn=AdministrativeLdap,cn=Windchill_12.1,o=XXX""

But currently i am struck in while windchill start cmd i am getting error "" 

(wt.federation.PrincipalManager.PrincipalManagerResource/CONFIG_ERROR_INCORRECT_NAMING_PROVIDER) com.infoengine.util.IEException: Info*Engine configuration error - The default Directory Service Provider URL and/or Service Search Base could not be retrieved from Info*Engine properties  ""
tried in esupport could not resolve 
Do Anyone faced this issue or know to clear?

VR_10538993
4-Participant
(To:jbailey)

Thanks for the article
Yes issue is correct but in my case resolution is not matching my Windchill Method server is not up

If the methodserver cannot find the default administrator user, the methodserver will not start. It is likely that your target Windchill DS has a different base DN, meaning Windchill cannot find the admin user to auth during startup.

Top Tags