cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Windchill Rest API

Darquise
11-Garnet

Windchill Rest API

Hi,

I am new to using Windchill REST API, therefore, I'm just playing around for now.

But I would like to know how to GET all the xml documents from a specific folder. How can I do this?

I tried the following:

eg.

GET /DynamicDocuments

$filter @odata.type eq #PTC.DynamicDocMgmt.DynamicDocument

Error:

"message": "The system query option '$filter' has the not-allowed value '@odata.type eq #PTC.DynamicDocMgmt.DynamicDocument'."

7 REPLIES 7
Fadel
22-Sapphire I
(To:Darquise)

try this :

Fadel_0-1706784361147.png

Fadel_1-1706784424281.png

Fede
Darquise
11-Garnet
(To:Fadel)

It kinda worked. However, I just realized that our xmls and organized in sub folders. Hence why I trying to work with the type. E,.g downlaod all xml documents with a certain subtype of DynamicDocument. 

I scrolled down to our subtype in WRS, e.g. GET /DynamicDocuments/PTC.DynamicDocMgmt.Condition 

But all I get is metadata. How can I get the latest version of the full xml document?

Fadel
22-Sapphire I

Can you share some screenshot , I don't follow you

Fede
Darquise
11-Garnet

We have a folder within Products and then a bunch of sub-folders which contain the xml dita files. If I use the folder $filter would I have to use a filter for every sub-folder? If I use the type $filter, can it extract the full xml file based on the object type, e.g. Condition?

Essentially, I want all the xml files within the /ma_conditions folder, not just the metadata, we want the content.

Darquise_0-1707156398434.png

Fadel
22-Sapphire I

you have to do it in 2 steps  :

1- Get the ID of dynamic documents within the given folder, not sure if this can be done using REST https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS328649 

2- Get the content ,I'm using below :

https://PP-2112171334VE.portal.ptc.io:443/Windchill/servlet/odata/v5/DynamicDocMgmt/DynamicDocuments('OR%3Awt.epm.EPMDocument%3A5662935')/PrimaryContent

Note this will return the url to XML not the content directly as xml 

Fadel_0-1707733362555.png

Fede
rleir
17-Peridot

@Darquise 

Try something like ?$expand=Folders($levels=max) 

page 26 and 35 in https://www.ptc.com/support/-/media/support/refdocs/Windchill_REST_Services/2,-d-,5/wrs.pdf?sc_lang=en

(and search in this document for 'folder', it occurs many times here)

then filter on folder name. 

?$filter=Folder/Name eq ''<name>"

I have not done this myself. Good luck!

Darquise
11-Garnet
(To:rleir)

Looks like we will try a different route. Perhaps content will be exported, uploaded to AWS and use API from AWS. I'm not a developer therefore I struggled getting the above suggestions to work. I'm sure they are all good options, but I don't know API 😞

Top Tags