cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Windchill Security CAD Data IP protection

bmüller
13-Aquamarine

Windchill Security CAD Data IP protection

Hi!

how are you handling data protection with Windchill? ok Permissions for general access.

But is there a way to prevent Creo users from downloading cad files and passing to other companies?

Encryption was skipped with Creo 3.0  I think.

Our reseller suggested remote workstation in a data center. Prevents physical access. But they can still upload files to wetransfer or dropbox. Mail, chat, ...

Anybody using some type of logging? Scann trail file for download actions?! Firewall or mail logging?

I found security labels, but they are more or less another layer within Windchill. (and quite tricky for setup)

br Bernhard

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:bmüller)

If someone with rights to see data wanted to export it and transmit to another company, there is no security measure you can take to prevent that.

The only thing you can do is log actions against Windchill and monitor them for suspicious activity. My guess is that you would have to have cause before doing any sort of log scanning anyway as there are many logged activities

that are legitimate. Logging of email attachments might catch something, too.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:bmüller)

If someone with rights to see data wanted to export it and transmit to another company, there is no security measure you can take to prevent that.

The only thing you can do is log actions against Windchill and monitor them for suspicious activity. My guess is that you would have to have cause before doing any sort of log scanning anyway as there are many logged activities

that are legitimate. Logging of email attachments might catch something, too.

Top Tags