cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Windchill Setting to allow web browser client users to create packages for export (CAD/Technical)

danders238
13-Aquamarine

Windchill Setting to allow web browser client users to create packages for export (CAD/Technical)

Hi,

Would anyone know what windchill setting to change to allow users to create windchill packages (CAD/Technical) and export them? 
Our environment currently only allows org admin or higher privileges to create packages.
Was hoping that non cad users (purchasing and MFG) that could see the files in windchill would be able to create a package and export it for use outside the Creo Parametric environment.
I can fetch a Creo Parametric file to a Creo Parametric workspace but I'm not able to create a package with my user permissions.

Any ideas if there's a setting we can change to allow me and others to create packages that contain Creo files without the need of Admins help?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Don A

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I should have mentioned that policies take precedence over profiles. If your policies do not allow the creation of a Package, enabling it in the Profile will not make a difference. By default, I believe Windchill allows the creation of Packages and if it is disabled or not available then your admin has configured it this way.

Here's a good place to start: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS258192

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

This could be controlled by two items. You can get lots of good information on them in the Windchill Help Center.

• Container Profiles
    • Container, Team, Configure Actions for Roles

ScottMorris_0-1624971862247.png

• Container Policies
    • Container, Utilities, Policy Administration

ScottMorris_1-1624972399306.png

Hi Scott,

If in the Configure Actions for roles I belong to a group that has permissions to create packages, I should be able to create packages correct?
With the image below what container policy(s) for package would need to exist to allow the creation of a package?

example:

Package | context | Package | All | Package Contributor | Participant | Read, Download, Modify Security Labels
I'm assuming the above line won't allow you to create a packages correct?
Do you need full control for Folder, Package, Managed Collection or other types to create a package?
FYI, We are not using WTObjects currently.

Thanks for any insight you may provide!

Don A

I should have mentioned that policies take precedence over profiles. If your policies do not allow the creation of a Package, enabling it in the Profile will not make a difference. By default, I believe Windchill allows the creation of Packages and if it is disabled or not available then your admin has configured it this way.

Here's a good place to start: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS258192

Top Tags