cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Windchill Upgrade - Unexpected error executing a JavaMigratorDirective with className=wt.org.PopulateUserFullNameFields

gvaccaro-2
1-Newbie

Windchill Upgrade - Unexpected error executing a JavaMigratorDirective with className=wt.org.PopulateUserFullNameFields

Hi all,

I'm in the middle of upgrading Windchill 10.0 M030 to 10.2 M030,

and during PopulateUserFullNameFields tasks, I have this error:

Unexpected error executing a JavaMigratorDirective with className=wt.org.PopulateUserFullNameFields

at com.ptc.windchill.upgrade.statemachine.DynamicLauncher.runUpgradeFrameworkStateMachine(DynamicLauncher.java:58)

at com.ptc.windchill.upgrade.statemachine.DynamicLauncher.main(DynamicLauncher.java:33)

Caused by: wt.util.WTException: Error in finding mapping key for "user.cn" in adapter : it.ferlan.gt.srv-pdmfgtfer01.jndiAdapterAD

Nested exception is: com.infoengine.exception.adapter.IEAdapterException; nested exception is:

javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: [LDAP: error code 32 - 0000208D: NameErr: DSID-031001CD, problem 2001 (NO_OBJECT), data 0, best match of:

'OU=MetaFrame,OU=UsersGPO,OU=Users,OU=OrganizationalUnits,DC=gt,DC=ferlan,DC=it'

]; remaining name 'cn=scaletta\, dario,ou=metaframe,ou=usersgpo,ou=users,ou=organizationalunits,dc=gt,dc=ferlan,dc=it'

at wt.org.UserFullNameFieldsHelper.readPrincipal(UserFullNameFieldsHelper.java:407)

at wt.org.UserFullNameFieldsHelper.processPersistedUsers(UserFullNameFieldsHelper.java:187)

at wt.org.UserFullNameFieldsHelper.populateUserFullNameFieldsAndUpdate(UserFullNameFieldsHelper.java:107)

at wt.org.PopulateUserFullNameFields.runMigration(PopulateUserFullNameFields.java:29)

... 24 more

The customer has a custom JNDI adapter to link Active Directory.

I read a lot about similar issues, but mine seems different.

Here a recap of my scenario and main hot points:

1)  log is speeking about a specific user: 'cn=scaletta\, dario,ou=metaframe,ou=usersgpo,ou=users,ou=organizationalunits,dc=gt,dc=ferlan,dc=it'

2) just before the error, log writes other update commands on other users:

2015-07-21 15:35:25,007 INFO  [UpgradeEventFirer] com.ptc.windchill.upgrade.logging.UpgradeFrameworkLogger - Message:  Updating user with id :128993305

2015-07-21 15:35:25,011 INFO  [UpgradeEventFirer] com.ptc.windchill.upgrade.logging.UpgradeFrameworkLogger - Message:  Updating user with id :128993296

2015-07-21 15:35:25,014 INFO  [UpgradeEventFirer] com.ptc.windchill.upgrade.logging.UpgradeFrameworkLogger - Message:  Updating user with id :128993287

2015-07-21 15:35:25,017 INFO  [UpgradeEventFirer] com.ptc.windchill.upgrade.logging.UpgradeFrameworkLogger - Message:  Updating user with id :128993278

2015-07-21 15:35:25,020 INFO  [UpgradeEventFirer] com.ptc.windchill.upgrade.logging.UpgradeFrameworkLogger - Message:  Updating user with id :128993269

(this last one is the error one)

2.1) The failing user is not disconnected from customer Active Directory

2.2) database export and LDIF export should got at the same time

3) I ran WinDU and fixed all errors

4) The JNDI adapter is cointained in my source LDIF file

I populate site.xconf, mappingCredential and Apache file with all required data to know about JNDI adapter

5) During Gather Upgrade Properties, I choose to let Upgrade Manager create the JNDI adapter inside Windchill 10.2.

In fact, if I navigate Windchill_10.2 branch inside Windchill DS, I can see it

6) This clue migth be important:

this Windchill was upgraded from Windchill 9.1 some years ago, so my LDIF had already 2 branches,

- Windchill_10.0

- Windchill_9.1

After Windchill 10.2 installation and LDIF import, I have 3 branches under o=ptc

- Windchill 10.2

- Windchill_10.0

- Windchill_9.1

And when I configured Upgrade Manager, I told him that my Source System Configuration DN was Windchill 10.0, but

maybe this was incorrect. users should be under 9.1 branch.

but remember that the failing task did not fail once started, but seems correctly processed a lto of users before failing.

7) I do not installed Windchill Service Pack and any Critical Patch Set

I will give you other details, only ask

Thanks for your support!

Giuseppe

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Did the IT move the user to a different branch in AD? You can use JXplorer to connect to AD verify whether the user cn=scaletta\, dario is present under the same branch 'OU=MetaFrame,OU=UsersGPO,OU=Users,OU=OrganizationalUnits,DC=gt,DC=ferlan,DC=it'.

If not you will have to update the remoteobjectid in the remoteobjectid table to reflect the new branch. This is how I fixed this error in one of the upgrades.

Thanks

Binesh

Barry Wehmiller

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:gvaccaro-2)

Does this particular user have the "fullname" field populated in Active Directory?  (CS31062)

Similar discussion here: error when upgrading from 10.1 to 10.2

Did the IT move the user to a different branch in AD? You can use JXplorer to connect to AD verify whether the user cn=scaletta\, dario is present under the same branch 'OU=MetaFrame,OU=UsersGPO,OU=Users,OU=OrganizationalUnits,DC=gt,DC=ferlan,DC=it'.

If not you will have to update the remoteobjectid in the remoteobjectid table to reflect the new branch. This is how I fixed this error in one of the upgrades.

Thanks

Binesh

Barry Wehmiller

Yes, that was.

They moved some user to a different branch.

PTC Support suggest me to disable them inside WTUSER table.

After that, I ran again the Upgrade Manager and it worked fine.

I'm going to enable them again and to see what will happen when those users will login Windchill.

Thanks,

Giuseppe

Have you checked for disconnected participants?  We had this issue where IT had deleted a user from AD from when I had checked and then started the upgrade.  Fortunately it was on our test server.  Once I added the user to WindchillDS and then reconnected the disconnected participant, it worked fine.

Top Tags