cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Windchill and Windows 10

ErikZabokrtsky
8-Gravel

Windchill and Windows 10

Just a general question if anyone has knowledge on this... What version of Windchill will be compatible with Windows' new web browser Edge(Spartan)? It is a completely redesigned browser that is not in any way tied to IE, so just wondering what it's all going to break.

Reason I ask, is we are looking at upgrading Windchill soon and would like to not have to upgrade again shortly down the road because of compatibility issues.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Support for   Windows 10 and next update to Internet Explorer will be with Windchill 11.0(X-26). It is expected to be released by Dec 15'/

I did some basic testing with preview edition and the browser is really fast!!

Thanks

Binesh

Barry Wehmiller International

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Support for   Windows 10 and next update to Internet Explorer will be with Windchill 11.0(X-26). It is expected to be released by Dec 15'/

Thanks

Binesh

Thank you very much. Hadn't heard anything and couldn't find it on my own...

Future platform summary - http://support.ptc.com/WCMS/files/69784/en/PTCWindchillFuturePlatformSupportSummary_42715.pdf

and PTC Product Calendar - http://support.ptc.com/appserver/wcms/standards/linkothumbredirect.jsp?&im_dbkey=49273&icg_dbkey=522 are the two places where you could get this information

Thanks

Binesh

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:BineshKumar1)

Just to clarify, were you referring to a preview edition of Windows 10 or Windchill 11?

BineshKumar1
12-Amethyst
(To:TomU)

Windows 10 developer preview - Edge browser.

Thanks for the info.  I don't, however, see any reference to the new Edge browser.  I would suspect there is no support, as I don't believe it supports plugins yet. But what the plans are for  this browser would be of interest.

The "Next update to Internet Explorer" is Edge. IE will not be updated after Windows 10 comes out. It is getting completely re-branded to Edge(Spartan initially).

Internet explorer 11 is still in Windows 10.

Erik said it won't be updated after Windows 10 comes out.  Doesn't mean IE 11 won't be usable.

Top Tags