cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Windchill file location

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Windchill file location

When doing a copy to my development server, I noticed that one library context folder did not have any recent files in the vault where I would have thought these files would go.

Is there anything OOTB in Windchill that can give me the OS file name of a file in Windchill?

My Part Library goes to a vault location, but my Doc library vault has no new files. Are these files being stored as BLOBs in Oracle?

Where is the file location defined for storing files created in Windchill? Is it in an OIR for the data type or in some other file?

Ben

Windchill 10.0 m040

4 REPLIES 4

Need a query builder report that relates your WTDoc / EPMDoc to FVItem - via ApplicationData and StreamData.  I've posted various qml's like this in the past.  Do a little searching - if you don't find, I'll dig up and post.  User inputs Doc Number and report returns filename on disk in the vault (e.g. 000cf26134).

Note: There is a tricky formula needed between how the database stores the filename and what you see on disk, due to decimal <> hex conversion.

This is such a common request from people, seems that PTC would provide this report / utility OTB, or at least post a fully - developed qml for it.

Apart from the report and db query, you can run WCContent verify utility with checkbusinessobject option from the Windchill shell - more info here - https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS110402

This works but seems incredibly cumbersome vs. a query builder report.

Agreed! I prefer firing up a SQL developer session and running a quick SQL query.

Top Tags