cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Windchill is not sending e-mails

clawson
1-Newbie

Windchill is not sending e-mails

Hello,

The e-mail queue has 300,000 + waiting entries and windchill is not sending them out. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Craig

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chris,

The issue has been resolved. I reset the failed entries and the system started sending e-mails again. Thanks for the follow up.

Craig

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
bsindelar
6-Contributor
(To:clawson)

Craig,

Can you post a portion of your method server logs (and background method server logs too, if applicable), and also tell me what is the value of your wt.mail.host property?  Have e-mail ever worked from the system before?

Is the email queue enabled and started? Is there any entry that is executing, or all they all waiting?

It is worth trying the troublshooting steps mentioned in https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS49374.

Thank you

Binesh Kumar

Barry Wehmiller

Craig,

Were you able to resolve the issues with your email queue? Let us know whether you're still seeing any issues.

Chris,

The issue has been resolved. I reset the failed entries and the system started sending e-mails again. Thanks for the follow up.

Craig

LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:clawson)

If nothing else changed on the system then it sounds like there may have been issues with the mail server at the times the jobs failed. I've marked your answer as correct since you were able to get it resolved. Thanks for the follow-up on your end, too!

Top Tags