cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Windchill not starting after reboot

ChrisMitchell
1-Newbie

Windchill not starting after reboot

I have Windchill installed on a Server 2003 R2 box, and it was installed using the Express installer. Everything was working fine until the server rebooted, and now it's completely inaccessible. Could someone provide me with the quick and dirty idiot's short list of things to run to make sure that Windchill is up and running?
6 REPLIES 6

"Chris Mitchell" wrote:

I have Windchill installed on a Server 2003 R2 box, and it was installed using the Express installer. Everything was working fine until the server rebooted, and now it's completely inaccessible. Could someone provide me with the quick and dirty idiot's short list of things to run to make sure that Windchill is up and running?

It's the latest release of Windchill 9.1. Apache seems to load fine, Tomcat loads fine, but when trying to run the Method server it just doesn't get past running the ServerManager process. I've found no "Windchill DS" or anything windchill service in services.msc. The only thing seemingly there from the installer that's running is the Fast ESP service. Not even apache is starting as a service by default which is odd to say the least. It almost seems as if a step was missing at the tail end of the installer that registered processes as a service so they would start automatically. I also noticed that there's no Aphelion service installed period, which I thought was a required component.

"Chris Mitchell" wrote:

It's the latest release of Windchill 9.1. Apache seems to load fine, Tomcat loads fine, but when trying to run the Method server it just doesn't get past running the ServerManager process. I've found no "Windchill DS" or anything windchill service in services.msc. The only thing seemingly there from the installer that's running is the Fast ESP service. Not even apache is starting as a service by default which is odd to say the least. It almost seems as if a step was missing at the tail end of the installer that registered processes as a service so they would start automatically. I also noticed that there's no Aphelion service installed period, which I thought was a required component.

"Chris Mitchell" wrote:

jessh
5-Regular Member
(To:ChrisMitchell)

Sounds like you didn't set WindchillDS to run as a service (which is easily done via the WindchillDS control panel).

Thanks! You rock

Top Tags