cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Windchill preference loading for specific container.

Mathivanan
4-Participant

Windchill preference loading for specific container.

HI All,

I tried to load preference in specific container level, I used below XML format & command to load it is loading in container level but also loading in site and org level. if any have a solution please share.

<?xml version="1.0" ?><!DOCTYPE NmLoader SYSTEM "standardX20.dtd">
<NmLoader>
<csvPreferenceCategory handler="wt.preference.LoadPreference.createPreferenceCategory">
<csvname>PREF_NAME</csvname>
<csvparentName>PREF_CATEGORY</csvparentName>
<csvdisplayName>DISPLAY_NAME</csvdisplayName>
<csvdescription>DISCRIPTION</csvdescription>
</csvPreferenceCategory>

<csvPreferenceDefinition handler="wt.preference.LoadPreference.createPreferenceDefinition">
<csvname>pref_unique_id</csvname>
<csvvisibility>CONTAINER</csvvisibility>
<csvcategoryName>PREF_NAME</csvcategoryName>
<csvdisplayName>DISPLAY_NAME</csvdisplayName>
<csvdescription>DISCRIPTION</csvdescription>
<csvlongDescription>DISCRIPTION</csvlongDescription>
<csvdefaultValue>false</csvdefaultValue>
<csvhandler>com.ptc.windchill.enterprise.preference.handler.StringPreferenceValueHandler</csvhandler>
</csvPreferenceDefinition>

<csvLinkPreferenceClientDefinition handler="wt.preference.LoadPreference.setClientDefinitionLink">
<csvname>pref_unique_id</csvname>
<csvclientName>WINDCHILL</csvclientName>
</csvLinkPreferenceClientDefinition>
</NmLoader>

COMMAMD:

windchill wt.load.LoadFromFile d <file_path> -u ABC -p XYZ -CONT_PATH /wt.inf.container.OrgContainer=<Org_Name>/wt.inf.library.WTLibrary=<Library_Name>

I tried below ptc article also not working.
Article - CS152142 - How to load and update missing preferences in different Contexts in Windchill PDMLink (ptc.com)

IF anyone know the solution, please share some details with me.

Thanks,

Mathi

1 REPLY 1
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:Mathivanan)

There is a note on that article that states:

Note: It is currently not part of Windchill PDMLink functionality to add preferences to a specific Product or Library these commands will result that the preferences are part of every Product or Library

I am not sure how to best interpret that but it appears that when you are creating a preference (new?) that it will appear in all areas. I would that the preference would also appear at Site and Org to that you have the option to set at all levels right? Sounds like you want them to be set differently at the Product/Library level correct?

Top Tags