cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Windchill will not start after going back on virtual

BrianToussaint
19-Tanzanite

Windchill will not start after going back on virtual

I'm in the process of testing an upgrade to Windchill 11.  In my test environment that is hosting the test Windchill 10.2 environment, I went backwards to a point in time on my virtual servers that I needed to do something from again.  However, Windchill will not start up now.  I get the following error in my logs.  Any ideas as to how to fix?  I've gone backwards before and have never had an issue.

(wt.services.servicesResource/21) wt.services.ManagerException: Unable to start manager: "wt.audit.AuditService" with implementation class: "wt.audit.StandardAuditService"
Nested exception is: wt.services.ManagerException: Could not initialize Auditing service.
Nested exception is: wt.util.WTException: (wt.federation.PrincipalManager.PrincipalManagerResource/CONFIG_ERROR_INCORRECT_NAMING_PROVIDER) com.infoengine.util.IEException: Info*Engine configuration error -  The default Directory Service Provider URL and/or Service Search Base could not be retrieved from Info*Engine properties. Contact your system administrator.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It ended up that my LDAP and filevault information got all messed up even though I have not done a rehost in a long time.  I was able to find a good export of my LDAP on the server and was able to import it and that fixed it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

If you haven't already checked, look for ldap URL in ie.properties . Did the IP address or hostname change ?

It ended up that my LDAP and filevault information got all messed up even though I have not done a rehost in a long time.  I was able to find a good export of my LDAP on the server and was able to import it and that fixed it.

Top Tags